mattp

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weather Service says:

TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...THEN MOSTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE 40S. LIGHT WIND BECOMING SOUTHWEST AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Good thing I reserved Picnic Shelter number 6. It is large enough to hold an army. Maybe we'll have a light show (lightning) to go with our slides!

420invite.jpg

Things we need:

1. Light. I have a couple of extension cords and some small lights, but a halide construction lamp would be nice.

2. Gary. Can somebody pick Gary up in the U District abouti 6:30? He's bring a screen and digital projector.

3. Paper Plates.

4. Charcoal. I assume somebody's going to have read the invitation and will bring something to grill.

5. Coffee or Hot Chocolate. Anybody have some of those big catering outfit servers?

Things we need:

2. Gary. Can somebody pick Gary up in the U District about 6:30? He's bring a screen and digital projector.

And a laptop.

I also have paper plates and could pick up charcoal from Safeway. But I do need a ride if I am to transport stuff.

We still need some hot drinks and a light. I've got an MSR stove and a pot in my car, but I was hoping we could be a little more upscale than that.

Can somebody pick Gary up?

I'll be at the Picnic Shelter around 6:00, setting up.

I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces along with the old ones.

No pics and not much debauchery, really. Porter's son almost caught a bunny and it would have ended up on the grill if he had, and a homeless guy offered to share his "wine" with is if we'd lend him some money. Somebody sipped a beer but it wasn't a wild kegger or anything.

While cooking garden burgers, we entertained ourselves with a slack line and then when it got dark enough we showed slides ranging from protests outside British Parliament to ice climbing in Canada, the 1935 Silver Skis race at Mount Rainier to the 2005 crag clean-up at Index.

The precursor for this event was hosted by Julie Brugger in the '80's, and was an annual thing for many years. After a brief hiatus, we're back.