Pub Club 11/19

AlpineK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa -

The problem with the Eastside is that attendance has generally been poor over there. About six weeks ago we had an east side night that was well attended, and I can recall a couple of successful pubclub nights down in Issaquah, but even on these occasions the Eastside enthusiasm has been less than steller. The two or three times I've been to Issaquah, Seattle residents outnumber east siders, and six weeks ago everybody but about three had gone home by 10:30, and two of them were from Seattle. Its nothing personal, but you need to get your eastside brethren and sistren revved up in advance and then maybe you'd find more interest from folks this side of the lake. I'd recommend calling it in advance and then running some kind of promotion. Free beer, a local legend, or a safety break special might help.

I had a good time the last time we went out east. I'd be happy to go out there again, but I'm not into it unless Ray, Lisa, Greg W, etc. start raising a big stink.

If you want to drink on the eastside start getting a big enthusiastic group of eastsiders together on Wednesday.

Oh yeah all you eastsiders need to stay out past 10:30. [Razz]

yes, Dexter and Hayes has food. if we call ahead, we can reserve the downstairs. (although I doubt we'd have much competition on a tuesday night) that way the smoke factor is limited to, well, us.

I think there is a pool table and darts, although when they get a look at our motley crew they might just hide the sharp objects [big Grin]

[ 11-18-2002, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: icegirl ]

The Roanoke on MI, or, the Mustard Seed on Main St. in Bellevue or, 8th street Bar and Grill right of the hwy on 8th. Although I may be the only eastsider making the commute to Seattle, it would certainly be nice to have a drinking fest on the eastside once a month or so. [big Drink]

Which one will it be? Unless Dr. Jay is going to be holding an after drinks special in his hot tub again?? Bathing suits or birthday suits, which will it be? [smile]