Local site for used kayaks?

Squid

Is there a kayaking version of cc.com out there, or some other website where I can find local used kayaks?

thank you very much for allowing blossoming boater to spray.

ps. Yes, this means that I've finally recognized that I've achieved my lifelong goals of sucking more than anyone has ever sucked before at climbing. I'm quitting gracefully, while I'm ahead. New vistas await- I will now push the boundaries of suck at whitewater.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig's List has had some pretty good scores recently. There's also the Washington Kayak Club bulletin board, and a relatively new local site that should see increasing traffic - www.professorpaddle.com.

If you know what you are looking for you will probably have decent luck by posting the sort of boat that you are looking for and your price range. I went for the cheapest boats I could find in both cases, but if you are looking for an all around "river play" sort of boat, the Pyranha Inazone series is a pretty sweet all-rounder with a modern planing hull. There's someone selling an Inazone 240 at the professorpaddle.com site for $375.

Also - boating has thus far been a great compliment to skiing and climbing, rather than something that has taken me away from those activities. I got into it because I was looking for something to do when the conditions sucked for everything else, and it has served me pretty well in that role. When it's drizzling up to 9,000 feet all over the state you'll still have something fun to do...

Yes, if you are asking about an appropriate site for used kayaks, I'd suggest the landfill the_finger.gif

It will destroy your climbing ability. You will put on weight to insulate you from the cold water, your ass will get fat, and your legs will dwindle to puny little sticks, sort of like a wheelchair basketball player's.

It will destroy your climbing ability. You will put on weight to insulate you from the cold water, your ass will get fat, and your legs will dwindle to puny little sticks, sort of like a wheelchair basketball player's.

It sounds like the perfect sport for me!

I'm a fat, talentless climber with chunky legs. Maybe I'll become a fat, talentless climber w/ skinny legs!

Oh, Alder Creek Kayaks might also be a good place to look for used kayaks. My friend used to be the owner of it and now my roommate is working on thier website. I might be able to help out with other contacts as well. Let me know.

Did you even bother reading the thread before posting? Both of your suggestions had already been posted.

AJM's obvious good intentions make up for any lack of reading comprehension.

Thanks everyone for the cool responses.

Picking up kayaking this spring sounds about as clever as picking up skiing this past winter, but I'm stoked anyhow.

Hope to see y'all out there. wave.gif

Thanks-

kayaking may actually give me an excuse to visit PDX this summer- re-visit old haunts along the Sandy and other PDX rivers.

I'd heard that some sort of boulder (temporarily?) obstructed Bob's Hole (where the rodeo was). Is the hole gone for good?