Dead

Dru

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the most embarassing thing that has ever happened to you while climbing?

Embarassing? Dunno.

Humorous: coming off the Easton Glacier, and needing to take a dump really bad. Dropped trou' on a ridge above a the moraine. As I released a 12-inch brown trout... two snowmobiles roared up the moraine and got an eye-full. A modicum of justice for those #(*#&*.

See!!!!!!!!! Everyone just talks about their favorite dump! rolleyes.gif

i drove all the way to Cache Creek once to go iceclimbing only to realize i had forgotten my bibs at home. While discussing how I would be Ok to climb in Carhartts I realized i had also forgotten to bring both ropes! hahaha.gif

or talk about old sitcoms...although that might make me look old tongue.gif

like?

Well the subject of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" came up the other day and it got me thinking of "My Favorite Martian" because Ray Walston also played the teacher in FTRH and how people don't realize that Bill Bixby was more than the Amazing Hulk...he was also the "Courtship of Eddie's Father" and well they're both dead anyway. Did you hear that Dru? DEAD!

What is the most embarassing thing that has ever happened to you while climbing?

While hiking out from Mt Forbes in the Canadian Rockies, I developed wickedly chafed thighs from my wool knickers, which I had made out of a pair of Belgian army pants. The whole long walk in had been devoid of any other people, so after the frigid nipple deep river ford (with chunks of ice in the stream) I decided to hike bottomless. So, there I am, walking along with no pants or underwear, wearing a hawaiian shirt, with a rubber chicken hanging off my pack (that's another story) and I come around a bush and right into a big ole ACC camp being set up. It was still under construction, so there were probably only 20 people there, rather than the 120+ who be there in a few days, but still, I felt rather exposed. Nothing for it but to just grin and keep walking.

I don't know if it was my most embareassing....maybe it was hers?

I was walking along a trail coming back from a climb rounding a corner when all of a sudden this women was squat pissing on the trail pointing the other way with her ass out towards me. She heard me, she turned around to see me and I just kept going past her. She and I both smiled becuase we knew it was an embareassing moment. When I wasn't too far away on my merrily way she said, "Don't laugh, I haven't shaved in three days becuase my razor broke."