• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
John Frieh

Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

What are you folks thinking about some cush lush laps after work Tuesday at the butte?

Maybe @5:30 tuesday. Shade, cool, laps, friends.....

Over 92400 page views on this thread! I was walkin' on snow yesterday, no ice tools needed though.

issue3C11finger.jpg

Some of you folks need to less browsing and more pulling!

:lmao:

I could/should be there by 6.

You're my belayer then! Yeahhhhhh! See you at the location of your choosing. Just say it and it's your's. I've got some finger issues, so I'm not pulling real hard....(this is my pre-lap pussy noise wimpering alert)

I might be a little late (~6:15) but sounds like McKenzie also. I dont care what we climb... nothing too hard please

You were late! Missed you JF.

No, no. I love climbing with you and all the Butte regulars.I also love the condoms and broken glass, as long as it's not from my window. But, I feel a need to conquer Gandolf's in a better style than I have dealt with it in the past. Alas, it was a run up the corner instead.

Maybe thurs., if I'm still welcome.

Of course you are always welcome, I'd rather have you inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in. :wave: I'm not 100% for Thurs, but Ujahn is for sure. I hope to both be there and see you as well. I've been avoiding hard stuff, soaking the fingers in ice and taking Ibuprofen to get the pigs back on track. So, I'm not into anything hard either.

i should be able to make it today - can be there by 5:00 or so. see you there bill.

I would love to go but can't. Have fun.

That time of the month? :)

CU Nxt time

Bill how did the wide crack go? Did you get to use your valley giants? I hope you did and I will bring you back some nice salmon when I get back from AK.

Butte? Beacon is open folks........

Too bad all the cheap asses who work in PDX but live in Vancouver clog up the freeways so I cant make the drive to Beacon in a reasonable amount of time

Taking the words out of my mouth John. Even getting to one of the zones is near impossible unless I leave work early. Last year I did beacon twice after work and the Zone once. The driving to get there makes me mental anyway, and the climbing time is correspondingly shorter as well. Last year I did a 2 + hour drive to Ozone and I don't want to duplicate that one.

Having kids, the drive time back was an additional factor as it was always nice to get home before bedtime as well to touch base and read a book or 2 with them.

Great time last night with John and Troy. Met old buddy Larry and his 3 charges Tom, RJ and Andy.

Good times, got enough laps, no pulled muscles!

Edited by billcoe

anyone?

My fingers are to the bone from soloing some sharp stuff Saturday, I actually think there may be some rock under my fingernail, but I'm game for Tuesday (maybe bigger holds and neosporin for me).

I can belay up to 5.11 still....(with a gri gri), so no worries there.

Edit: 5:30 John, I'll be looking for you!

Edited by billcoe