Is there a spring Smith Rock event?

nalo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can't we just go climb and party? I know they're working hard at spring thing to make smith better, but it'll still be good without me. call me selfish, but work sucks which is why I don't want to leave work in seattle and go work in terrebone. Maybe if they started a project i could really get behind, like a new bridge by the camping area, I would be more motivated to go help. I'll donate money, but I just want to go climb.

can't we just go climb and party? I know they're working hard at spring thing to make smith better, but it'll still be good without me. call me selfish, but work sucks which is why I don't want to leave work in seattle and go work in terrebone. Maybe if they started a project i could really get behind, like a new bridge by the camping area, I would be more motivated to go help. I'll donate money, but I just want to go climb.
just stay home that weekend then. you suck. one weekend a year some people who love smith get together and try to make it a better place for every one who goes there. if you don't want to be involved that is fine but don't show up at our party. the_finger.gif

Oh come on, I don't think that my attitude is really all that bad... and to tell the truth it was kind of a devil's advocate thing. It expressed part of how I feel, but not all, and certainly is not the complete coulmination of my opinions. I'm not a Smith local... I go like 2wice per year... leave me alone. I'm sickly and weak.

No matter how you spin it nalo you've come across as greedy and grasping. I mean you put in a couple hours of work and then you get a party afterwords. That sounds good to a lot of people, but you want people to buy beer and do all the organizing for a party just so you can show up and have a good time without doing anything. pitty.gif

I kind of think the there isn't a need or a good place for a cc party at a crag in the spring.

Leavenworth area has a lot of classes and I believe the VW has some kind of overhyped event there in the spring. Smith has the Spring Thing which I don't think we should try and compete with.

The Spring Ski In is the next cc event and despite the name there's plenty of opportunity for alpine rock and lower elevation cragging. The way this winter is going there may be a lot more cragging in the spring.

There will be plenty of chances for unsanctioned, unplanned partying at Smith this spring.

ok fine I'm greedy and gaspiing... err grasping. Still though, I'm not trying to make myself sound better, because you fat stupid whining hippy beatnics already have passed judgement on me, but when is spring thing '05, and is it a weekend deal, or is it just on day? To all you haters out there, chill out. Noone really represents themselves acurately in forums, or at least I don't. Maybe nalo is a little bitch, but I'm not.

:how im feeling right now graemlin:

Why is this an either or thing? I'd be up for a whole weekend of climbing at Smith and of course the Spring Thing volunteering . . .

Oh ok - I am in between jobs right now so it might be easier for me than others. Still - why not both?

thats just it last year we all did both. we showed up friday night and had a CC.com party... got up saterday and went to the spring thing volenteer thingy.... worked ofr like 4 hours... climbed the rest of the day, went to the sprig thing party (free beer and food) went back to camp and continued to party... got up sunday and climbed more cool.gif

what I was saying is that if you don't volenteer don't come and eat the free food or drink the free beer. That is for the volenteers. bigdrink.gif

Thanks Muffy - I actually was asking why there can't be two WEEKENDS in the spring - one just for climbing and one for volunteering and climbing? I'd be up for both . . .
ahh shit hunny we are there every other weekend in the spring and early summer fruit.gifit's always a party. no invite necisary you are always welcome...go to the grasslands