Yo

AlpineK

Despite my reluctance to admit anything in California is good; I have to admit that Yosemite is a pretty cool place. The CC.com folks I hung out with were pretty cool too.

Highlights: Mass ascent of Cathedral peak, the regular route on Fairview dome, the Central Pillar of Frenzy, and last but not least the East Buttress of El Capitan which Jeff and I did despite the rain and hail.

I just might have to go back.

[big Drink][sNAFFLEHOUND][HORSECOCK]

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hey AK -

did you get off route on the 7th pitch of the East Butt of El Cap by any chance??? We did...and it seems like we're not the only ones either...there were tons of rap slings that each party left after getting themselves up the creek. I'm talking about that pitch where it LOOKS like the line to take is straight up a chimney and then into the grassy cracks above, whereas the actual route lies further right, on top the arete. Actually our leader ended up aiding right through the off-route section and back onto the route - he described it as horrendous climbing at 5.12 level (by his estimate - he didn't risk freeing it due to large runout) with only delicate skyhook placements for quite some distance, and 40 foot fall potential...

fantastic route, though...

Hey AK,

Just like you...never thought I'd want to go down there and put it off for years...but it's just too damn good [Razz] ...

Ran out of time to do East Buttress...need to head down there with about a month's time.

Also like I could buy rum within park boundaries [big Grin]