weighty issue

telemarker

that's the whole point, special...i don't have any time to go climbing...it sucks...bad...

and glassgow...my fingers are as strong as they ever were on a hangboard or a campus board...i think that its your pro(#*&$$ training that is the real issue...i just flat out don't climb period...

i hit the gym for like 3 to 4 hours a week max and usually get on rock oh about 1 or 2 times every 2 months or so...

Edited by RuMR

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who fucking cares bitches just go climbing.

35 degrees and rain/sleet mix last 2 days, also next 4 days forecasted. I think I'll keep spraying.

Admit it, you just ate a cheeseburger cheeburga_ron.gifsnaf.gif

Two of them, but without the bun. The mrs. has me on some bullshit low carb diet, guess she found the six pack sexier than the pony keg I'm rocking now.

No carbs+no outdoor recreation for 4 days=spray queen. smile.gif

So blowboarder, are you just fat now, or did you get all muscley? Just curious, cuz you still work out and shit. BTW, I just started doing weighted pull-ups again, and am psyched. Got to two #45 plates three reps. Next comes one-arm negatives with a #45 plate.

And glassgow, I don't think forearm muscles are the only factor. I was a skinny weakling, and after hitting the weights and putting on 10 lbs, I came out way stronger. On endurance routes too. I think cuz it was just easier to pull....

And...I'm climbing way stronger than I ever did in my twenties!

So blowboarder, as you just fat now, or did you get all muscley? Just curious, cuz you still work out and shit. BTW, I just started doing weighted pull-ups again, and am psyched. Got to two #45 plates three reps. Next comes one-arm negatives with a #45 plate.

Both! When I was climbing at my highest level (not very high at that & no I don't mean my bakedest level smartasses) I weighed 160-170 pounds depending on if I was road tripping or living easy with a fridge and TV with a body fat percentage between 4 & 8 percent (caliper test, take it as you will).

Now, much less time to climb ( and no time to roadtrip) but more time to weight train as it fits into family orientated lifestyle better. So, functional strenth up, lean body mass up, body fat up, probably around 12-15% (guessing on that one, scared to find out for sure). Climbing level down, although multiple A2 injuries now fully healed, enjoyment of climbing up, spray level weigh up.

Next comes one-arm negatives with a #45 plate.

Just a thought on these. Seriously stressful on tendons/ligaments in elbow & shoulder structures, also because of different type of stress (isometric, isotonic, I can't remember, I'm sure someone will correct me shortly) more recovery time is needed.

Very high intensity exercise, best used in small doses. Don't even think about doing them again if you're still sore from last time...it's a different soreness than what you get from conventional weight training.

My $.02

i don't have any time to go climbing...it sucks...bad...

i just flat out don't climb period...

i hit the gym for like 3 to 4 hours a week max and usually get on rock oh about 1 or 2 times every 2 months or so...

Man, I can SO TOtally relate! Fuck, it's been...lessee...FIVE DAYS since I last went skiing! Man, life's rough. Be strong, Rudy, you're not the only one who has to wait interminable periods between having fun.

Cough, cough. smirk.gifthe_finger.gifhahaha.gif

Your weight is: 135 pounds

Your sex is: Male

Your Body Fat percentage is: 5

Your Lean Body Mass is: 128 pounds

Your 'Ideal' weight is: 147 pounds

Your activity factor is: 0.91

I need to gain 12 lbs! Please send food.

Give up smoking -- gain weight, save money pitty.gif

Edited by jordop