Funny Post

RuMR

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go build a bridge, Rudy. boxing_smiley.gif

That dude's a retard. Apparently he like pulling his pant legs up half a foot until he has enough fabric bunched up in his crotch to accommodate his balls. Gussetted crotches work, I don't give a shit about how they look. What a sportposing wanker.

Now you may be an entirely liberated person. Very secure with your penis size, or how your ass looks when your pants are squeezed tight against it. But guess what? The people around you just don’t need to know! It’s a classic case of TMI (Too Much Information). I didn’t ask and I don’t want to know

cheeburga_ron.gif

There IS one problem there. T-shirts ALWAYS go over your long underwear top. ALWAYS.

And, for the gym, your belay device is for BELAYING, not climbing with (unless your belayer will be seconding you up the red tape route?). If you need ballast, try the weight belt.

Likewise, YOU DO NOT NEED A NUT TOOL IN THE GYM -- this is the stupidest fucking thing ever -- everyone already knows you're a climber, because you're at the rock gym, in your harness, and you're CLIMBING; if you really need to announce that you're a trad climber, talk loudly about it, but leave the nut tool, hand jammies (!), prussiks (confused.gif), and two (!!!) belay devices on the ground, or in your pack at home. (There is a fellow who frequents the PRG these days who is guilty of all of the above. If you see him, give him one of those "dope slaps" they're always referring to on "Car Talk"). This is totally the same type of person who shows up at Smith with a half-empty pack but still clips their shoes/harness/belay device/chalk bag etc. to the outside of their pack for some half-assed reason, as a billboard to the world that, yes, they are a mountain climber. As if you'd be at the crag in climbing shorts, lugging a backpack around, for any other reason. As if anyone would care anyway.

Oh, and Verve makes hot pants for chix, so an exception needs to be made there.

Edited by Dr_Flash_Amazing

Likewise, YOU DO NOT NEED A NUT TOOL IN THE GYM -- this is the stupidest fucking thing ever -- everyone already knows you're a climber, because you're at the rock gym, in your harness, and you're CLIMBING;

yelrotflmao.gif

Ahhh, but I bet you wear your PRG belay card when you climb outside? wave.gif

Likewise, YOU DO NOT NEED A NUT TOOL IN THE GYM -- this is the stupidest fucking thing ever -- everyone already knows you're a climber, because you're at the rock gym, in your harness, and you're CLIMBING;

Ahhh, but I bet you wear your PRG belay card when you climb outside?

I wear my belay card outside sometimes, and sometimes climb with my ATC clipped to my harness. I do these things because I'm goddamned LAZY. However DFA. . . are you one of those guys at the gym who, despite the nice comfortable climate control, removes your shirt as soon as you walk in the place?

yelrotflmao.gif

Ahhh, but I bet you wear your PRG belay card when you climb outside? wave.gif

A definitive "NO," because that would be completely fucking stupid and unneccessary, not to mention a screaming fashion faux pas.

I'm guilty of #1 and #2, but I don't give a fuck. shocked.gif

My feet sweat like a Hustler centerfold, blush.gif which makes it so I can't get my shoes on or off unless I use a polypro liner sock. So there!

As for shorts over polypro (SOPP), fuck y'all on that score as well. Wearing white capilene long johns on sunny glacier slogs with stiff winds and ground blizzards can't be beat. Not too hot in the sun, don't get chilled from the wind or ice shards blowing around. And it saves on sunscreen as well. But mind you, I only do SOPP on glacier slogs. Never at the crags.

So go ahead, call me old skewl and call me a fashion loozer. moon.gif

Oh, and I quit wearing spandex when my ass got too big! hellno3d.gif

WHEW... I'm new to the whole gym scene and I'll be a monkey fucking a football if I'm not guilty of the sock rule! I wasn't sure if that was PC but I saw at least 3 or 4 other complete morons wearing them so I figured...... cry.gif

Thanks sobo for standing up and saying something and making me feel slightly better. And yeah, you gotta wear shorts over polypro in the mountains. But if some bofuck wore them in a GYM... well, even this newb knows better.

Oh, and even though it's not mentioned, I left my old 80's neon pink-green-orange chalk bag at home and went and bought a new, more socially acceptable model made in this century. blush.gif

Oh, and even though it's not mentioned, I left my old 80's neon pink-green-orange chalk bag at home and went and bought a new, more socially acceptable model made in this century. blush.gif

DUDE! The 80's are makin' a comeback!

eighties_11.jpg

Better grab that old chalkbag.