Rain sux

Cpt.Caveman

best days in Squamish are in dry cold ones in March or November when all the weekend warriors think that it's not climbing season. My Squamish season is October to May. heck I got more in at Squamish last January (and my best trad leads ever) than the rest of the year combined. Course everyone think's you're insane cause its so cold. Friction baby! [big Grin]

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by jordop:

I got more in at Squamish last January (and my best trad leads ever) than the rest of the year combined.

you must not have gone very much during the rest of the year -- i'd have to go just about every day in january to be able to say that. i'm definitely not going to stop hitting the rocks once the snow's falling. i've heard winter is the best time for bouldering!

[big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

What about Shannon Falls - climb that sucker even if it a flowing mass of water
[Wazzup]

Do you remember that little photo feature/blurb in one of the climbing mags a few years back of Dan Osman soloing some waterfall that was still flowing? He was in a full wetsuit with a hood, and he climbed it with ice tools. Fuckin' psychopath.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

What about Shannon Falls - climb that sucker even if it a flowing mass of water
[Wazzup]

Do you remember that little photo feature/blurb in one of the climbing mags a few years back of Dan Osman soloing some waterfall that was still flowing? He was in a full wetsuit with a hood, and he climbed it with ice tools. Fuckin' psychopath.

Flash, your post aroused my curiosity about Dan Osman. I found this article about him. He was something else. trask [Cool]

skiing is for when there is no climbing like a rainy day in november. except it would be better for your climbing if you just drytooled up a wet sport route outside somewhere. wimpy sport climber will never be outside in the rain to catch you and whine about tools breaking holds off. dont forget its aid unless you go leashless [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

I think that was in one of the Master of Stone videos, wasn't it? You're right -- fuckin' psychopath.

It was definitely in one of the mags a while back, but it may well have been in a Masters of Stone vid. Probably number 5, as that one had the Osman memorial/retrospective thing, if the Doctor recalls correctly. DFA hasn't seen it, though.

Speaking of Osman in Masters of Stone videos, how about the speed free-soloing in #4? He fucking charges up a 400-some foot 5.7 in just over 4 minutes. Basically sprinting up the route, doing all-points-off dynos and shit. And then at the end after the credits roll, they show the footage of him missing a dyno and damn near taking the big plummet. You see that and sort of find yourself hitting rewind a few times and gaping til the drool puddle soaks through your shirt and jolts you back to reality. Sickness.