Orignation of the name Snafflehound

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was someone else from California, Weissner didnt climb in the Bugs till the 50's right? And Bedayn and whoever did the Fa of the Se corner in 1936 or 1937? they were a sierra club party i do believe.... someone who has bugaboo guidebook by their computer can check this for us... [sNAFFLEHOUND]

Hee hee if you do a search for "Snafflehound" using Google the first thing that comes up is Teddy Ruxpin!!

Here is the exact text that appears [Eek!] :

cascadeclimbers: SuperStar of Cascadeclimbers Part II

... To top it all off, when I reach the belay ledge and mantleshelf onto it I see Teddy's

got this snafflehound and he's BUGGERING her like the salesman in the ...

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Schuldt:

Can't......stop.......laughing!!!! Way funnier than any thing trask has posted. TOTALY AWSOME!!!!! Hope the little guy enjoyed it.
[laf][laf][laf][laf]

dave, as we can see in this picture of you

-

you are an idiot and a gumby. yes, that's a righteous picture with da kind bud. does it make a person fall apart laughing? no, unless that person is a fucking MORON like you. hahaha

[ 08-15-2002, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: trask ]

True origins of the name are somewhat unclear. Early english manuscripts contains accounts of small furry mountain creatures called "snaphla hundis".

Lewis and Clark reported encounters with small rodent-like animals eating their rations of "buffalo-cock" and generally causing a nuisance. It is believed that Lewis used the indian word "sanaflow" and added the english "hound" to describe his vermin.