jkrueger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Thinker:

YOUR DEITY status.

man, why did you just let the cat out of the bag?????? now everyone is going to be bothering me to go climbing with....my deity status ha been in jepardy already, you've probably got me kick out of the club....dang it!

[Razz][laf]

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:

reminds me of a day out a Middle E. Wall at vantage. Partner backed off a BEAUTIFUL crack 'cause it hissed at him. Twice.

[big Grin]

I saw a garter snake chimney up a hand crack in the smoke bluffs once. its pretty impressive that a snake (no hands) can climb a hand crack... [sNAFFLEHOUND]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

I saw a garter snake chimney up a hand crack in the smoke bluffs once. its pretty impressive that a snake (no hands) can climb a hand crack...
[sNAFFLEHOUND]

Rattlers have been seen on the top of Devil's Tower. Talk about a frickin crack climbing snake.....Thankfully I've never encountered one on the routes we've done there.

those snakes are actually getting it on according to the biologist i asked.

apparently there is one female in the mixed up with 20 or so males.. she is choosing which one to mate with somehow or maybe there are just 19 snakes getting sloppy seconds...

i read somewhere that many snakes have two penises... someone on this website no doubt has more details on that fascinating trivia...

is that enough thread creep ?? [Wink]

http://www.animalfact.com/article1012.html

It's true! They have two.

"The female garter snake on the other hand, is not less excited than the males to mate. She will, if not crushed under the mating ball, raises her tail exposing her cloaca for the best-positioned male to insert one of his two penises. Once the successful male has mated with the female, he will deposit a cement-like secretion on her, which prevents other males from penetrating her. "

[ 08-08-2002, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Thinker ]

and from this Japanese website: http://www.chowchow.gr.jp/inova/sunake/esnake.html

"Then, let's introduce the knowledge which has been learned about the copulation vessel (sex organs) of the snake and the copulation here. With the kind handwritten diagram.

The copulation vessel of the snake.

Because there is a pair, the male copulation vessel of the snake is being called a half-penis. A lizard is the same, too, and this is one of the characteristics of these groups.

When it copulates by a shape like a figure, a penis turns over to turn over socks exactly, and it projects.

Semen passes a groove in this surface, and it is led. Only the thing of one side is spent by the actual copulation.

When a snake is sometimes roasted in the fire and surprised, this penis projects, and there is a person who mistakes this for the foot of the snake, too.

Sex organs are in the pair in the same way as the female, too. It faces one female as the left, and the rare phenomenon that two males cross sometimes happens in the thing. (A photograph is the copulation of the stripe snake.)"

[ 08-08-2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Thinker ]

I have two days coming up in Leavenworth, and after looking through the guidebook I am feeling a bit overwhelmed - there is so much to climb there! So, in hopes of spending more time climbing and less time searching and gaping, I am looking for some suggestions for easy to moderate routes to climb while I'm there. I would prefer to try some granite cracks (I haven't even touched granite yet!), possibly even a short multi pitch...

Thanks! [big Grin]

Having been to Leavenworth only once and climbed only one route, Dr. Flash Amazing can recommend only that route, i.e. Outer Space. Fortunately, it's a great route and well worth your time. The Doctor also must recommend that you pick up some java from the coffee roaster (micro-roasted beans! Praise the Lord!) at the west (?) end of town. Tasty product.

quote:

Originally posted by Attitude:

Dr Flash Amazing is neither.
[hell no]

As contrasted with yourself, who has provided a veritable cornucopia of helpful beta on the Leavenworth area. Before slandering the Doctor's good name again, please print out a copy of your post, roll the paper up into a small tube, and tap it firmly up your ass with a piton hammer or like device. With the paper placed thusly, find a comfortable seat, and meditate for several hours upon your worth as a person. Hopefully you will then realize that you must first better yourself before ever saying anything about Dr. Flash Amazing ever again.

Spend 1 day at Castle Rock. You can start practically from your car on the lower rock going to the upper rock with the Fault 5.6, catapult, 5.8, the Bone 5.9. Routes to do on the upper rock: Saber 5.4, Midway 5.5, Canary 5.8+, South Face 5.8+, Damnation Crack 5.9, Angel 5.10, Crack of Doom 5.10.

In the Icicle:

Orbit and Outer Space are always fun.

Trundle Dome has a couple of good routes: Flake Fest 5.9 and Sonic Boom 5.10.

The regular route on Careno crago is really good. (4 pitches)

Givelers Dome: Givlers Crack 5.8, and Bo Derek 5.10

quote:

Originally posted by jkrueger:

I have two days coming up in Leavenworth, and after looking through the guidebook I am feeling a bit overwhelmed - there is so much to climb there! So, in hopes of spending more time climbing and less time searching and gaping, I am looking for some suggestions for easy to moderate routes to climb while I'm there. I would prefer to try some granite cracks (I haven't even touched granite yet!), possibly even a short multi pitch...

Thanks!
[big Grin]

Orbit is cool too...and lacks the exposed crux that outerspace has (which isn't that hard.) We were up on the SCW this weekend and it was cold...

The Careno crag and Castle are my other vavorite areas up there, with many good pitches and moderate trad multi pitch routes. Have fun!

yas what they said.. .also if it is cold or raining, go to Peshastin and do the tunnel route (5.6) [big Grin] i like it cause you crawl thru a hole and come out on the other side of the arete... i musta done that route 10x over the years...

once you do R&D go to Bob wall and climb the 5.9 it is real good too.

and i heard from erik that bridge creek wall is easy [Wink] and clean [Wink] and well protected [Eek!]

and i havent heard anyone say sam hill yet but there is good 5.8 cracks there (ski tracks and the other one) and some fun bolted stuff too like groping for oprah's and dont forget arete.