No Class

scott_harpell

Now I have respect for those like MattP who can either try and find something nice to say about someone after their passing or not say anything at all, but you who need to find the worst in a man after his passing have no respect and little class. There is not a man alive whose grave I would piss on; whether he be Michael Moore or Fidel Castro. If I couldn't find something good to say as a eulogy, I would shut the fuck up. I suggest you do the same.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hitler? Dahmer? McVeigh? Harris and Klebold? Some do deserve for their names to be smeared in shit for the rest of eternity... but Ronald Reagan is not one of them. Neither are Michael Moore or Fidel Castro... and I don't think they would like you talking about them as if they were already dead! wink.gif

However I think it is still fair to continue political discussion (or criticism), as long it is genuine, even following the death of a political icon. That is just part of the life (and death) that a politician choses for him/herself. It's part of their importance and significance.

Just because you would be an ass to his face, doesn't give you the right to piss on his grave.

I find Canadians and Liberals quite funny. They blather on and on about how we just need to respect each other and accept that we are all different and OK, but in reality, we see what is going on with the attempted eulogy here...

Respect is something which should be earned and not mandatory. Reagan, through his actions, lost my respect. Dying does not restore that respect. Anyone can die. Even small children and the elderly manage it with ease.

When you praise Reagan you are "pissing on the graves" (your own words) of his victims. Think of that.

Just because you would be an ass to his face, doesn't give you the right to piss on his grave.

I find Canadians and Liberals quite funny. They blather on and on about how we just need to respect each other and accept that we are all different and OK, but in reality, we see what is going on with the attempted eulogy here...

Part of respecting and accepting each other is being honest, being able to debate and to voice criticism. Reagan deserves better than having us all blow perfume up his...

Dru... I don't even like him as a person or as a president. I have a respect for the office he held and the oath he swore both as a soldier and as a president. I take great pride in my country and to me, pissing on a recently dead president is equal with pissing on the office, the flag and the country. Sure respect isn't the right word... perhaps eulogize or some other word, but you know what I mean. You don't have to play that callous bullshit quoting something from dictionary.com and starting a semantic rant about how you don't "respect" someone because respect means ".....

Part of respecting and accepting each other is being honest, being able to debate and to voice criticism. Reagan deserves better than having us all blow perfume up his...

No-one is doing that here... They are just giving their eulogy. There is a time and place for voicing your criticisms. I can tell you for a fact that before a man is even buried is not the time.

nothing to do with what respect means. he funded death squads in central and south america; he armed and supported saddam hussein and knuckled under to iranian ayatollahs by paying a ransom of arms for hostages. he presided over that and more.

on the scale of bad to worse he was nowhere as bad as a stalin or a pol pot; but worse than, say, an average corrupt politician like the not-dead-yet jean chretien, and far, far worse than the dalai lama, nelson mandela etc.

you are caught up in some semi-religious, semi-patriotic notions of how dying ennobles the dead and how they are being judged by higher powers now. the custom of speaking only good things of the dead is one i do not agree with or follow. it is intended mainly to comfort the survivors. none of whom are surfing cascadeclimbers.com seeing what we think. so this is all spray and trolling as usual. in which case stating what i think serves to keep you outraged and you feign outrage in turn to get me to say what i think.

This is about as dumb as me trying to put every single republican into one group. I'm also not sure how you group canadians and liberals into one group. Both are distinct and vary within those groups.

This is about as dumb as me trying to put every single republican into one group. I'm also not sure how you group canadians and liberals into one group. Both are distinct and vary within those groups.

Ummm.... actually, Josh, you do this on a very regular basis, IMHO.

I'll give you credit for not joining the "let's piss on Reagan" bandwagon with Dru, Bug, others who have revealed themselves to be the intolerant, hate-filled bastards that I once only suspected them to be.

Respect is something which should be earned and not mandatory. Reagan, through his actions, lost my respect. Dying does not restore that respect. Anyone can die. Even small children and the elderly manage it with ease.

When you praise Reagan you are "pissing on the graves" (your own words) of his victims. Think of that.

I cannot die cry.gif

It's not a lack of respect for Reagan you are showing, he's dead and doesn't care.

You're showing you don't give a shit about your fellow climbers, some of whom DO feel a loss at his passing. Some of whome DO respect him. What you're doing is akin to pissing on the grave of someone's mother. She won't care, she's dead, but it's insulting as hell to the survivors.

You just have no class.

dear fat_teddy

please give proof you climb.

if you cared for reagan, you are a fool. reagan was a bad man.

We can be like Christ by caring for those that don't deserve it. Even an evil man cares for those that care for him. What makes a man great is caring for those that persecute him. wave.gif

by watching the 700 club I have deduced that christ was a birky-wearing w00k who didn't have a CWP and subsequently got his ass kicked. I want nothing to do with him

You are right in your assertion. Actually Jesus wouldn't wear Birks... they are name brand. wave.gif There does seem to be a Tyler Durdenesque quality about Jesus doesn't there?

christ was a weirdo that's for sure. the love one another thing is fine but the idea that if the tree does not give fruit you should cut it down seems somewhat over-utilitarian? fortunately christ is not the be all and end all of philosophers.

I believe that he has invited people to climb/boulder with him on more than one occasion. Maybe we should invite him to summer rope up. Or do you just want a picture of him wink.gif

its kind of stupid to lecture people on how they should be acting on a climbers board without ever posting any tr's or useful beta either. invitations to come climbing at some godforsaken eastern crag are unlikely to be relevant anyways and hence can be offered without fear someone will take them up....

have you two ever actually met in person by the way?