So....how did you spend your 3 day weekend

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat: Got some strange looks as we carried our skis and randonee boots (and overnight gear) through the forest up to Colchuck Lake.

Sun: climbed Colchuck and skied down from the col. Crappy views but fantastic skiing!

89917.jpg

Sun night: bigdrink.gif & HCL.gif at Gustavs

Mon: fun climbing on Castle Rock

You got a strange look from me only because you were carrying your ski boots (smart), but were wearing rigid leathers rather than sneakers. wink.gif

That is, if you were who I think you were. I was the guy with the orange pack, in the group of four, who were coming down around 12 on Saturday.

Wow, it was a circus over there on Sunday. We went over Saturday afternoon and had no line at all.

Great route.

Holy shit what a cluster!! People, if there are multiple parties waiting for this climb, try it one pitch with a 60. I'm pretty sure it'll make it.

The big ones were Light on the Path and Lions Jaw (both on Morning Glory Wall I think. Over by the big Hueco's, Zebra, and those routes.) Luckily didn't see any snakes. We were going to give Spiderman and go monday but my partner for it got a bum ankle and had to back out. That and the Pioneer Route on Monkeyface are definitely on the list for next time though.

Wow, it was a circus over there on Sunday. We went over Saturday afternoon and had no line at all.

Holy shit what a cluster!! People, if there are multiple parties waiting for this climb, try it one pitch with a 60. I'm pretty sure it'll make it.

Last month I was able to rap from the second set of anchors (above the bulge) with a 60m, so I would think it would go as a single pitch.

Last month I was able to rap from the second set of anchors (above the bulge) with a 60m, so I would think it would go as a single pitch.

I've climbed the whole thing in one pitch with a 50m.

Anybody know what kind of snake this is? (attached) Sorry for the out-of-focusness.

[it's like my picture of bigfoot, who I saw last week. I had a camera, but all my pictures had my finger over the shutter, go fig.]

It did not have a rattle, fyi.

Girls - watch where you pee!! shocked.gif

356593-snake_sm.JPG.87bf530cf617633c29e0bb05b893bc69.JPG

I can't really tell from the photo, but if it looks like a rattler without the rattle then it's probably a king snake.

Edit: It could be a bull snake too. I hear they're agressive but can't poison you.

Edited by AlpineK

I can't really tell from the photo, but if it looks like a rattler without the rattle then it's probably a king snake.

Edit: It could be a bull snake too. I hear they're agressive but can't poison you.

Beware advice from this man: I overheard him tell a 12 year old that his head would explode if he ate too many Chips Ahoy.

wink.gif

Beware advice from this man: I overheard him tell a 12 year old that his head would explode if he ate too many Chips Ahoy.

wink.gif

Dude that's a little known scientific fact. yelrotflmao.gif