Memorial weekend at Smith Rock

Collin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It must be hard living your life as a sexless machine instead of a natural biological human. If you don't want people to judge you then I hear burlap makes a very durable garment that lasts a long time. Otherwise cut the crap and expect that guys will be checking you out. ESPECIALLY at a sport crag! I'm sorry if you're too good for men to be checking them out too, b/c I'm sure all you women don't do the same damn thing (well maybe not checking me out,but someone sizzlin' like Distel).

As a single guy who enjoys climbing almost more than anything how should I go about finding a girl who enjoys the same? Take it as a complement or go climb in the alpine like REAL men and women.

Now, if you are ugly or a lesbian, or are just jealous, then I can understand your point of view. (this should move the thread to spray!)

I knew someone would respond like that. cool.gif fwiw - the original plan this weekend was Adams, but due to weather I'm finding that Smith is more realistic. I also plan to be avoiding the sport areas for some quieter trad - hopefully that won't be conglomerated too. I hear you on the "how should I go about finding a girl who enjoys the same" -- but I think you guys would prefer Anabelle or Jennifer Conelly. wink.gif

Now that I've somehow branded myself as sexless and a prude that needs to completely cover herself in burlap or a burqa order to climb in peace, I'll go on ahead and climb something (and I haven't selected my outfit yet). Maybe I can get far far away from the sharks looking for girls who like shiny gear on the outside of their packs and find people who enjoy the same as I do. Why is that so hard to understand? The real point of my post was that I won't be selecting my route based on the hot guys climbing on the route next to it. (Not that it's not a bonus!!)

Sure this can go to spray now, but I'm not going to beat a dead horse. It's all good. Do what you want.

Come on ladies, these fellas love women!

Climbing just happens to be a quasi death sport and sadly does not attract many fine honeys.

This is good and bad.

Ladies: you never had it so good, 7 guys to your lonely.

The guys that surrond you are fit and healthy, albeit socially inept (nothing you can't fix).

Fellas: sorry, if you want girls, you are in the wrong sport.

The 7:1 ratio that is a sad fact of life means that to find a climbing female it might take more time than you have to give.

The road to heterosexual climbing bliss is long, but very rewarding in the end.

My wife and I are best friends and full time climbing partners.

Ladies, be kind to the fellas, they love you.

Fellas, show the ladies some respect, we are nothing without them.

Edited by lancegranite

That is one thing the Mounties have going for them. I just finished the basic class last year and now have more female climbing friend than male! the_finger.gif

Of course the other possibility is to find a worthwhile lady and get her to start climbing...... Get's around the whole 7:1 ratio. Well, if you can get over the whole socially inept part wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

i think the ratio at the crags is improving for the guys a lot. i took a climbing class from the WSU alpine club in '89 (damn i'm old) there were 20 of us. 2 chicks total ratio 1:9 (not including instructors = 4 guys) we've heard mention of 1:7 here.... a small improvement. but i'd say that number is wrong every time i go to a local crag i see at least one 1 chick for every party of 4 sometimes for than that. that means a much improved ratio of 1:3. now i'm not making any representation that all or even any of these women is hot but you never know. come on guys...it's no so bad out there....unless you're alpine climbing. then you're just so not screwed.

I took a 'learn to lead' type course through a local climbing club a few years ago and a couple of girls quit the course because there weren't any cute single guys taking it - it was like 8:2(married) female heavy. It's fun to diss the courses, but maybe some of you lonely boys should pretend you don't already know it all and sign up wave.gif