Twight on Training

troubleski

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A gun that accepts a clip with the rounds (bullets) stacked directly one on top of the other is a "single stack" as oposed to a "double stack" wider clip with the rounds staggered side to side allowing for a higher capacity clip. The double stack clip was not widely used by handgun manufactures until Glock used the design the early 90's.

Are you related to Oliver the Humanzee?

Two reasons for that mainly:

1. The handle would have to be fatter or the walls thinner to use a double stacking magazine (they aren't clips, no matter how many action movies say otherwise).

2. There were feed problems in some of the DS magazines.

The Glocks with DS mags had elevated the capacity of some of their handguns to 18 rounds with one in the chamber. Clinton signed a law limiting them to 11? I belive. You can still get the pre-ban ones if you're willing to pay through the nose because they actually have to have been made before the ban. They still make the high capacity mags, but they are only legal to sell to LE or Mil.

Actually Will, I was taught in a gun education course that a magazine refers to a gun with the "tubular maganize" under the barrel alla the pump shotgun. I took the course at age 12 so it is possible I'm wrong, but, not very likely since I haven't been wrong since 1981 when I accused my brother of taking my "Snake Eyes" action figure.

Anyway, clip is a widely accepted term for the item we are discussing here.

Where's your source a-hole? yelrotflmao.gif

Edited by Bronco

yep your wrong. wave.gif

a clip encompasses the rounds in a little metal thingy. think of an m1 garand with an 8 round clip. the clip is an integral part of the round package that fits into the reciever, when the 8 rounds are done the clip comes flying out making a clanging sound. Also think stripper clip like how any of the old timey military rifles were loaded like an enfield or an sks. teh rim of the round engages a little metal strip that allows a bunch of rounds to be convienently loaded into the reciever's magazine.

Interestingly 5.56 military ball ammo comes on stripper clips from the box, you can seat the end of the stripper clip into the top of an m16 mag and just push the rounds off into the mag.

so, a clip and a magazine are for sure different things.

If you're interested in this sort of thing a discussion on clips and magazines can be found here in context of an enfield #4

Edited by jja

yep your wrong. wave.gif

a clip encompasses the rounds in a little metal thingy. think of an m1 garand with an 8 round clip. the clip is an integral part of the round package that fits into the reciever, when the 8 rounds are done the clip comes flying out making a clanging sound. Also think stripper clip like how any of the old timey military rifles were loaded like an enfield or an sks. teh rim of the round engages a little metal strip that allows a bunch of rounds to be convienently loaded into the reciever's magazine.

Interestingly 5.56 military ball ammo comes on stripper clips from the box, you can seat the end of the stripper clip into the top of an m16 mag and just push the rounds off into the mag.

so, a clip and a magazine are for sure different things.

madgo_ron.gif Crap! Wrong again after all these years!

Equipment is an even smaller part of the equation. Guys showed up with Glocks and 1911s and High Powers, and I could waste everyone's time discussing the merits of each. The gear matters a whole lot less than the confidence one has (or doesn't have) in it, and the skill, or lack thereof, with which he wields it.

So true, no matter what the activity.

Twight rockband.gif

There was a guy that would come into the gym in college, get on a weight machine, lift or press the entire stack for 3 sets, never make a wheeze or a puff of breath noise. He'd quietly complete a workout like that and leave. Always did it in threadbare streetclothes.

It was the coolest example of attitude versus 'equipment.' The fucker was like an ugly Clint Eastwood.