Halliburton truck driver pay

Skeezix

The temps can range from about 140+ to snowing.

just a slight exageration... Try about 120+

"the record highest temperature ever measured in the U.S (134 degrees F at Death Valley, CA in July of 1913), and the hottest temperature ever recorded anywhere on the globe (136 F at Al' Aziziyah, Libya in September of 1922)"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do "volunteers" ever work or do they just sit around on cc.com all day? Glad my tax dollars are going to such a "worthy" cause.

He's a private contractor and probably has some free time. I can think of worse stuff my tax dollars could be spent on.

You'd have to pay me a lot more than $120,000 a year to drive a fuel truck in a combat zone. hellno3d.gif

The energy potential of liquid, oil-derivative fuels is usually expressed in heating units (e.g. BTUs).

Gasoline, consisting of lower carbon-number compounds, is less dense than diesel...about .75g/cc for gas, about .85g/cc for diesel.

By WEIGHT, gasoline has more BTUs

By VOLUME, diesel has more BTUs

So you have to define "equivalent amount" before you can decide which has more BTUs, because the answer will differ for equivalent weight vs. equivalent volume.

And to further complicate things, there are many grades of diesel, consisting of mixtures of molecules in different hydrocarbon classes (aromatics, paraffins, napthenes). The grade is determined by the distribution of these. Similarly, there are several grades of gasoline with the premium typically being slightly more dense than the basic.

So you're both right and you're both wrong. cantfocus.gif

So do "volunteers" ever work or do they just sit around on cc.com all day? Glad my tax dollars are going to such a "worthy" cause.

A question of accountability. Well as of late, a shortday for me is right around ten hours. I am not even going to try to explain the conditions under which I have to operate. I work 7 days a week. If things are busy (and they usually are) I typically will be moving 15 hours. once again 7 days a week. A long day can be nearly continous operations which is to say I usually have time to eat (not always) and get a few hours of sleep. So a slow week is about a 70 hour work week, a busy week is around 105 and a very busy week is over 120. Let me also tell you that I don't fall into the tax exempt status because of the nature of the work I do and because of OPTEMPO I am frequently rotated out. Another fun time since the flights home are long and tedious. I pay taxes at a rate that probably is equivalent to your salary. I am going to overlook the rancor in your statement and simply tell you that I'd be happy to explain to you in person my job and let you decide if you would be willing to make that statement to me at that time. In other words. Don't fuck with me knob. the_finger.gif

"the record highest temperature ever measured in the U.S (134 degrees F at Death Valley, CA in July of 1913), and the hottest temperature ever recorded anywhere on the globe (136 F at Al' Aziziyah, Libya in September of 1922)"

This is not possible! Every good global warming drone knows that record temperatures are only NOW being set... in the period that began January 2001. What is this 1913 nonsense? Please go back and re read your EarthJustice handbook and repeat the litany again, and again, and again. The sky is falling, the Earth is warming. Man is the cause! Man is the cause! (Repeat)

The temps can range from about 140+ to snowing.

just a slight exageration... Try about 120+

When you are standing next to a thermometer in the hot sun and the damned things says 141 you tend to believe that. I believe there is a difference between the actual temp and the temp as it is affected by humidity. So if it is 90 degrees the dew point can be a certain level and the actual feel is 100. Something about refraction of light through water molecules. I'm not a scientist, but I have stood in that sun for hours a time. But hey, once again thanks for the info from the rear. You can come over here next year when they reinitiate the draft and check it out for yourself.

This is not possible! Every good global warming drone knows that record temperatures are only NOW being set... in the period that began January 2001. What is this 1913 nonsense? Please go back and re read your EarthJustice handbook and repeat the litany again, and again, and again. The sky is falling, the Earth is warming. Man is the cause! Man is the cause! (Repeat)

By gosh, you took the words right out of my mouth! And when are we going to take back over the Panama Canal?

By gosh, you took the words right out of my mouth! And when are we going to take back over the Panama Canal?

The melting icecaps are going to flood it anyways. fruit.gif

Not to deflect the line of conversation away from arguing over who's motives for being there are purer or more honorable, but...

Question for whoever (Gotterdamerung or others): why aren't Iraqi's being hired to fill these sorts of jobs? Is it because of security, or because because the job (driving a truck) is technically beyond the average Iraqi?

I mean, there must be lots of truck drivers in Iraq, and I am sure most of them are not hate-filled, Saddam-supporting terrorists. It isn't like this guy was driving a truck full of high security military equipment was it? And even if it was, wouldn't a carefully selected and supervised Iraqi fulfill the requirements as well as some guy from Florida?

With the unemployment rate so high, and with unemployment leading to boredom leading to crime (this is true in any country) leading to terrorism/violence, wouldn't it make more sense to do a Marshall Plan type of thing and actually employ Iraqi's to rebuild their own country? That is what the UN does, for the most part, in peace-keeping operations - any job that can be done by a local is done by a local. And as a side benefit, it is cheaper.

Drivers from many nations are used to move supplies. I think the thing that most people are confused about is that we are not here to provide employment for every iraqi out of a job. In less than 60 days sovereign rule returns to the Iraqi people. We are not here to create a welfare state. We are here to stand them up so they can get on with governing themselves. Pull backs in Fallujah and many other places show a growing sense of position that the changeover is near and that these problems are an Iraqi problem. We will assist them, but they are going to have to take care of business and quit being the little Bitches that they are (and they fuckin are). They can drive trucks and in fact I would say that the average Iraqi driver is a much better driver than the average American. If you've ever driven in the middle east, say Jordan or somewhere, then you will know what I mean. It's the most accident free chaos you have ever experienced. So anyway, in our country with large unemployment and democrats screaming about shifting jobs overseas are you saying you advocate giving jobs to foreigners instead of honest Americans trying to make a living? Besides, no the majority of Iraqi's are not nutjobs and most of the time things are quite quiet and free from violence. The media has all of it all sexed up and senstationalized to give this place the appearance of anarchy. The news media is the enemy as far as I'm concerned. Twisted and biased. Nonetheless, NO I would not give an Iraqi trust over any military supplies or food stuffs destined for CPA, Mil or otherwise. At any rate in a few weeks this shithole will be turned back over to these punks, we can consolidate everyone, detach more security for our convoys and kill every Iraqi motherfucker that tries to bang heads with us.

Not to deflect the line of conversation away from arguing over who's motives for being there are purer or more honorable, but...

Question for whoever (Gotterdamerung or others): why aren't Iraqi's being hired to fill these sorts of jobs? Is it because of security, or because because the job (driving a truck) is technically beyond the average Iraqi?

I mean, there must be lots of truck drivers in Iraq, and I am sure most of them are not hate-filled, Saddam-supporting terrorists. It isn't like this guy was driving a truck full of high security military equipment was it? And even if it was, wouldn't a carefully selected and supervised Iraqi fulfill the requirements as well as some guy from Florida?

With the unemployment rate so high, and with unemployment leading to boredom leading to crime (this is true in any country) leading to terrorism/violence, wouldn't it make more sense to do a Marshall Plan type of thing and actually employ Iraqi's to rebuild their own country? That is what the UN does, for the most part, in peace-keeping operations - any job that can be done by a local is done by a local. And as a side benefit, it is cheaper.

Drivers from many nations are used to move supplies. I think the thing that most people are confused about is that we are not here to provide employment for every iraqi out of a job. In less than 60 days sovereign rule returns to the Iraqi people. We are not here to create a welfare state. We are here to stand them up so they can get on with governing themselves. Pull backs in Fallujah and many other places show a growing sense of position that the changeover is near and that these problems are an Iraqi problem. We will assist them, but they are going to have to take care of business and quit being the little Bitches that they are (and they fuckin are). They can drive trucks and in fact I would say that the average Iraqi driver is a much better driver than the average American. If you've ever driven in the middle east, say Jordan or somewhere, then you will know what I mean. It's the most accident free chaos you have ever experienced. So anyway, in our country with large unemployment and democrats screaming about shifting jobs overseas are you saying you advocate giving jobs to foreigners instead of honest Americans trying to make a living? Besides, no the majority of Iraqi's are not nutjobs and most of the time things are quite quiet and free from violence. The media has all of it all sexed up and senstationalized to give this place the appearance of anarchy. The news media is the enemy as far as I'm concerned. Twisted and biased. Nonetheless, NO I would not give an Iraqi trust over any military supplies or food stuffs destined for CPA, Mil or otherwise. At any rate in a few weeks this shithole will be turned back over to these punks, we can consolidate everyone, detach more security for our convoys and kill every Iraqi motherfucker that tries to bang heads with us.

Glad to hear that we have everything sewed up over there and yall should be coming home soon. And they said there would never be peace in the Middle East!

Absolute peak readings where you just happen to have recording thermometers are not a particularly convincing indicator, average temps worldwide are. The glaciers are not retreating for no reason. Climbing the Eiger is now practically russian roulette.

If you doubt that man is the cause, give the EPA Air Division a ring and ask for some annual stats on worldwide greenhouse gas emissions in carbon equiv...the number will be somewhere around 4 BILLION METRIC TONS. And growing. Meanwhile, the large filters/carbon sinks known as the tropical rainforests are being systematically removed.

But whatever, it's junk science. By the way, everything was created in six days, and that's rock solid science. God told Bush that global warming is not true...are you calling God a liar?

Up to the lake, not the summit, Mr. F. Reread the TR. And I have 3 other people that can prove it happened. And none of them are Dan -. yellaf.gif I take you've been on that trail a time or two...fun stuff. Anyway, any true JB'er wants the Canal back! yelrotflmao.gif

I could probably 80 lbs up....but sure as hell, not back down! crazy.gif Nice TR, BTW.

The canal is operated under contract by COSCO now, I believe. (the Chinese govt shipping company) I'm sure they have no idea that it is, in any way, of strategic value.

Up to the lake, not the summit, Mr. F. Reread the TR. And I have 3 other people that can prove it happened. And none of them are Dan -. yellaf.gif I take you've been on that trail a time or two...fun stuff. Anyway, any true JB'er wants the Canal back! yelrotflmao.gif

I could probably 80 lbs up....but sure as hell, not back down! crazy.gif Nice TR, BTW.

The canal is operated under contract by COSCO now, I believe. (the Chinese govt shipping company) I'm sure they have no idea that it is, in any way, of strategic value.

OK, you got me yellaf.gif My knees are still killing me. Not a good idea, bringing that much weight up.

j_b said:

i know it's not tea leaf reading, but perhaps you ought to consider becoming familiar with readily available data before you speak nonsense.

Why doesn't your graph go back further...say to the 1500's warm period? All your data shows is the ongoing emergence from The Little Ice Age, not the big picture. Nice try, idiot.

The data is there. Temps are going up, and carbon in the atmosphere is going up. Is there a correlation? We don't know, despite media efforts to convince us that we do. There are plenty of smart people who say we don't know. It's the causality, j_b, not the data.

Too bad this is no longer science, but politics. thumbs_down.gifwave.gif

And working off the premise that we are, indeed, raising the temperature of the earth (ignoring evidence that the Earth has been through plenty of melt/freeze cycles before humans started screwing around), what are we gonna do about it? I think we should just kill off 90% of the population. That would solve everything.

In the end, that's what will happen. Some natural disaster will wipe most of us out, and Earth will happily start over. Maybe the snaf.gif will evolve and do something stupid, too. Either way, we're fucked! fruit.giffruit.gif