Preparing for first grade VI wall

Farrgo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rolleyes.gif sheesh dude, give the guy a break. what the fuck crawled up your shorts this morning...

Why does everyone want to practice to climb big walls by doing something other than climbing big walls? Climbing a trade route Grade VI involves being at the wall, and having a shit ton of gear. If you're climbing El Cap you don't have to be fast and you can always bail. If you know how to aid climb ok, haul a pig, and set up a portaledge you're all good. Just go do it and learn on the job.

rolleyes.gif sheesh dude, give the guy a break. what the fuck crawled up your shorts this morning...

Why does everyone want to practice to climb big walls by doing something other than climbing big walls? Climbing a trade route Grade VI involves being at the wall, and having a shit ton of gear. If you're climbing El Cap you don't have to be fast and you can always bail. If you know how to aid climb ok, haul a pig, and set up a portaledge you're all good. Just go do it and learn on the job.

As far as I could tell he was asking for info on some good "walls" to practice on...

"and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on some good walls to practice on in the area?"

But yeah, i agree with you...you can practice all ya wan't, but eventually you just gotta suck it up and commit. Bail is a four letter word, and first to speak it gets bitch slapped. bigdrink.gif

thanks for the hints, all. i'm getting ready for some epic days at squish and index. wish i could have gotten out more this weekend but the rain sucks. at least i got a good day of free climbing at index on thursday and a wet day of aiding on friday.

If you are going do that route in a day, have a good line to calm the nerves of all the people you are going have to pass. Or don't say anything at all.

When I was on that route we had at least 3 parties behind us and bunch more ahead of us.

Have fun.