Portland P-C

sketchfest

Well gang, last night was another Portland pub club, with the usual turn out. We had B-Rock, Lisa, Fun guy and a few others, sitting outsite at the Lucky Lab. New adventures were shared and new plans were made. All in all a good time.

In an effort to be extremely proactive, we are going to try something new. We are going to plan next weeks p-c now. So here goes...Rock Bottom, 7:00-ish, Tuesday, 6-25-02. With that said, let's have everyone plan ahead, (that means you SK, JK, Bella and the rest down south) AND all the Portland area lurkers (shredusmaximus)Now there is no excuse not to be there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here I sit feeling like crap because I pushed for the venue, date and time. Cajoled the Eugenies into making plans and now mine have changed and I will be unable to attend tonights

P-C. But PLEASE, anyone who was planning on coming, continue on. Portland has a strong contingent of climbers, we just need to hook-up and make it happen.

I'll be attending, I'm not into cooking in this heat. Way to go Sketchfest, we'll have to see you next week. Come on up North SK and JK, there will be others there. I ran into some folks on Jefferson Sun. told them about the site and they will be showing up.

We can discuss next pub clubs destination tonight, somewhere with good beer, food and liqour...is there a place?

Alrighty then [big Grin] we should be there arround 8ish due to much driving and dropping kids off [big Grin] it will be good to see you again... where is Terminal Gravity??? will he be arround this time?? Anna got to meet him when she was there [big Grin]

We missed you lurkers at the pub club last week, although we had a special appearance by sk and jKrueger who spent the time and money to drive up from Eugene! It was great to see you guys!

Shredmaximus and Mtnhigh were there as well.

Mtnhigh just returned from Denali last week, he will be bringing photos to show at the next brew pub. Right Pete?

I think it would be great if Funguy, and rbw and any others that climbed Denali this season bring some pics to one of our meetings. You guys should all meet anyway!

Requests were placed for the attendance of Terminal Gravity and Iian.

Where will the next one be? What day works best for everyone? Let the bidding begin...

Calling all Portland wankers. Is there interest in a gathering of the minds for Tuesday night? My wrists need a workout [big Drink][big Drink]

I'll be drinking regardless by 8 after we get our fill of after work hwy noise cracks and broken glass smears at Rocky Butte.

How about a place in SE that has both good beer and cocktails? Mtnhigh, do you know of such a place?

Lets say 7:00 and rob if you're coming, bring some pics from Denali, Mtnhigh has some cool ones to share. Fun guy, are you attending? Do you have pics from your trip as well?

See you guys tonight!

Turns out its unlikely I'll be able to make it tonight.

Lisa--I didn't climb Denali. We were there to do the SE Ridge of Foraker but turned away when we saw the route condition. Made a feeble attempt at the West Ridge of Hunter but were thwarted by too deep, too soft snow. I don't have any pictures but my partner has slides.

I have some pics from my climb of Denali in '99 but they are buried.

oops, my mistake Rob, I guess I'm getting mixed up with all the stories of recent climbs in AK.

I say one of these days you guys should round up a brief slide show, maybe all together? Just a thought.

For those who can't make it tonight, we'll swing another one next week so others down south may be able to make it. Iain, textplorer and others?