Hot and Republican - does it get any better?

jja

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

#2 is "DYKWIA"

I'm from Mass. and this little acronym was coined to describe the boston brahmin's habit of disdaining the little people with the oh so ever arrogant "DON"T YOU KNOW WHO I AM ??" - most often used at restaraunts and golf clubs and the like to get preferential treatment - because well he's JFK.

You'd think that being a pro boxing ring girl she wouldn't have much upstairs, but no, young Amy is quite the thinker.

"I have voted Democratic in every election since I turned 18 except the last election. Eight years of the most corrupt administration in history changed me to a republican. I'm proud to say I voted for president Bush even if he is from the same state as the Dixie Chicks. After 911 I do not think it's safe to vote for a Democrat. I'm now a Republican and more importantly I'm an American!!"

- Amy

amy-hayes-3.jpg

1 - He supports abortion.

2 - He supports raising taxes to balance the budget.

3 (bonus reason Kerry is the devil) - He is a verified knuckle draggin snowboarder.

Bush isn't an angel and like I said, I wish there was a better cantidate but, Kerry won't be getting my vote.

PS: I didn't literally mean he is the Anti-Crist, just that he has some "undesireable characterisics" in my opinion, similar to that of Satan. Lighten up. Bush has some hot babe relatives too.

Re. Bronco's last post. Funny how I can look at the same attributes and come to a different conclusion, even though I assume some of our feelings on government are similar.

I look at Kerry's pro-choice stance as pro-freedom. Maybe we see things differently. I'm a patriotic american and believe in minimal governmental interference in people's lives. Yes, this extends to the bedroom and decisions about having children. Although I am anti-abortion, I am pro-freedom, therefore I am pro-choice and support Kerry.

I also support raising taxes to balance the budget, just like Bush and Kerry. Bush advocates tax increases at the local and state level to make up the shortfalls his federal tax cuts for the wealthy incur. Of course, he doesn't say this explicitly, but I don't think there are any literate people in the world who don't realize that's the effect of large federal tax cuts and deficit spending. Bush's dad, of course, advocated raising, and did raise, taxes in an attempt (completed by Clinton) to balance the budget. Pretty good job, in my view.

Bush is much less than an angel. Reading Woodward's new book (which Bush himself recommends on the White House website) makes Bush seem like a streetcorner preacher. The guy should be in counseling, not the White House. I don't want to spend any of my hard-earned dollars on more wars because Bush thinks God told him to go to war, and refuses to look at reason or facts. Dude's a nutjob, totally unfit for office.

Bush is much less than an angel. Reading Woodward's new book (which Bush himself recommends on the White House website) makes Bush seem like a streetcorner preacher. The guy should be in counseling, not the White House. I don't want to spend any of my hard-earned dollars on more wars because Bush thinks God told him to go to war, and refuses to look at reason or facts. Dude's a nutjob, totally unfit for office.

I think you lack a certain historical perspective. Like it or not, and I assume most of the left leaning atheist ( or at least agnostic ) types here don't like it a bit, this is a nation that has always had God and religion front and center. Indeed the original point of the first amendment was to keep gov't out of religion and not the other way around.

I suppose that in the modern context you think good ole Abe was a "nutjob" for thinking that the horrors of the civil war were divine retribution for mans wickednes and that this was the righteous judgement of the Lord? From the second innagural.

Neither party expected for the war the magnitude or the duration which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God; and each invokes his aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces; but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered--that of neither has been answered fully.

The Almighty has his own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offenses! for it must needs be that offenses come; but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh." If we shall suppose that American slavery is one of those offenses which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through his appointed time, he now wills to remove, and that he gives to both North and South this terrible war, as the woe due to those by whom the offense came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a living God always ascribe to him? Fondly do we hope--fervently do we pray--that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn by the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said, "The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether."

...... I don't want to spend any of my hard-earned dollars on more wars because Bush thinks God told him to go to war, and refuses to look at reason or facts. Dude's a nutjob, totally unfit for office.

Amen to that!! The guy is a phukin' religious fanatical nut...get his ass outta the white house!!!

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE is one of the cornerstones of our country...who's god told him? his? sure the phuck wasn't mine...coke sniffin', silver spooned bastard!!!

are you kidding????? hahaha.gifrolleyes.gif

did i say the word constitution???? Please point that one out to me...

and why exactly do i have to subscribe to that joke-fucker's concept of God? Cuz he's the prez? FUCK HIM!!!!

WMD--maybe

Overthrow a dictator--maybe

Divine directive--you can go blow a goat....

Edited by RuMR

"cornerstone of our country"

hmm, what other cornerstone are you refering too?

oh, by the way that "blow a goat" argument totally convinces me - how could I have been so wrong ?

Edited by jja

"cornerstone of our country"

hmm, what other cornerstone are you refering too?

oh, by the way that "blow a goat" argument totally convinces me - how could I have been so wrong ?

Listen...you tell me to do something because YOUR god directs it, i'll respond w/ something as ridiculous as that...ie, "You can go blow a goat, Sir!" the_finger.gif

are you kidding????? hahaha.gifrolleyes.gif

did i say the word constitution???? Please point that one out to me...

and why exactly do i have to subscribe to that joke-fucker's concept of God? Cuz he's the prez? FUCK HIM!!!!

WMD--maybe

Overthrow a dictator--maybe

Divine directive--you can go blow a goat....

You know Rudy, the ease with which you abandon logic and reason really puts us other engineers a bad light. Please refrain, or start telling people you are a hotdog vendor. Thank you. Besides, where were all you liberal anti-religion/God fuckers when Bill Clinton was talking about how he reads his Bible before making big decisions, or praying, or going to church, or meeting with Billy Graham and other religious leaders?

Logic and reason??? Why that doesn't jive w/ the whole, oh how does the catholic church call it, i forget...what was it? its' coming to me...hold on...that's it...THE MYSTERY OF FAITH...you, nor Bush, can comprehend God's will in this...so don't pull that card on me...

You know, Hitler thought he had god on his side...gee, guess what, Mr. binladen thinks god is on his side...gee, so does Mr. Bush...wow, how's about them apples???

Don't preach to me...

Edited by RuMR

ummm...i said cornerstoneS...as in concepts...government has no right to dictate a private citizens religious preferences...this implies that it shall not make decisions based on religion...

You may be mistaken here. Let me throw this out there: the First Amendment guarantees against the Federal Government establishing a "national religion" (i.e., Anglican Church in G.B., Catholicism in Argentina, etc.). All this implies is freedom to worship as one chooses. You seem to be inferring that this means that citizens in positions of government cannot utilize their set or morals and standards to make decisions about policy. This is all we are talking about. We each have a belief system (whether that means you believe in God or choose not to believe in God) that we call upon when we make difficult decisions. What it appears you are trying to do is impede an American citizen from exercising his rights as guaranteed under the First Amendment to worship as he chooses simply because of the position he holds.

Greg_W