Hot and Republican - does it get any better?

jja

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Squid - You are apparently not as versed in hunting and hunting guns as you appear to be. The semi-automatic shotgun is an alternative to a pump-action shotgun; that is all. They carry no greater capacity, which is regulated by state hunting regulations. It's not a matter of need, more like preference.

Guns are not toys, Squid; this is a common misconception. From a very early age, when I got my first BB gun my father educated me of the seriousness of guns. Guns are tools - for hunting, for self-defense, for war.

If you didn't take it down with the first shot, you're not a hunter. Clips for a hunting rifle? Who are you kidding?)

Have you taken everything you've ever shot down with one bullet? Are all your shots in the clear at animals standing idly by waiting to be killed? Are you such a good tracker that you are able to get into position and take a shot before your animal (who sees and smells markedly better than you do) takes off? This is the most foolish assertion I've heard. I can't believe you've ever hunted anything. Clips for a hunting rifle? Yes, many models have removeable clips as part of their design. They hold no more than other rifle magazines. The Tikka Whitetail has a 4 or 5 shot removeable clip; the Winchester Model 70 has a top-loading magazine which holds 4 or 5, I believe.

Self-defense and violent crime. According to Scotland Yard, violent crime rates have exceeded that of the United States. Approximately 2 million potentially violent crimes are prevented each year by private citizens defending themselves with guns.

Guns are used to facilitate crimes; they don't stop crime.
Why do the police carry guns then? Why do stories appear of private citizens using guns to defend themselves against violent home invaders?

In my opinion, the Second Amendment stands to allow each of us the choice to defend ourselves and our lives in a way each of us sees fit.

To your p.s.: May be, but I'm sure yours are unloaded and at home. They are useless this way - I'd have several JHPs bouncing around in your chest cavity before you could get that fucker loaded.

1. Guns are toys. Whether you're hunting deer or the local stop & rob, you're just playing a game. Just like cams and stoppers. They're stupid, reckless, and useless, but they're toys.

2. Violent Crime: Back up your statements with some facts or data. Your hand-waving approximations are meaningless. Find a link, bright boy.

Why do stories appear of private citizens using guns to defend themselves against violent home invaders?

..because they need something between the advertisements in Guns and Ammo and Soldier of Fortune ? Really, GW, this is weak. Come back and play when you get some data.

GregW was all like.. I'd have several JHPs bouncing around in your chest cavity before you could get that fucker loaded.

Threat Ok, you're right. My guns are locked away in the basement, empty, in the gun cabinet.

Then again, I've been threatened often, but never beaten. the_finger.gif

1. Fine, you are entitled to your opinion. However, as inanimate objects, guns are incapable of being "stupid, reckless, and useless" as you assert. People can act stupidly, behave recklessly, and by their actions can prove themselves useless.

2. Why? You will only discredit any link I post as "funded by the NRA" or some other such thing. I'll see what I can do for you. crime down

Oops, here's another one: crime comparison

3. No, it's because these things happen. I don't have links on this one, but I read the news stories.

4. Don't be mistaken, Squid, I in no way threatened you. I wouldn't waste my time threatening you. What I stated was a potential outcome as our views of personal self-defense differ.

Here's a nice article on the 2nd Amendment for Individuals: article

Here is another side of the Brady Campaign link: DANGER!! NRA link!!!

Greg_W

Greg pulls this "you won't believe my data anyway" argument all the time. Put up or shut up ya whiner.

And you are full of shit with respect to automatic weapons. They are legal if you have the proper license. You always trot out this "fully auto guns are illegal" BS when you know its not true. If you didnt know that you can own machine guns with a special license then all your other 'knowledge' is called into question.

It's called a Federal Firearms license. Same dealio that most dealers already posses. There is a firing range in Atlanta where you can rent fully auto weapons to use at the range. Mac10s, Uzis, .50cal,AK-47, etc. I gotta say, firing a full auto Mac10 was a load of fun.

Another tidbit: Most lever action weapons like the venerable Winchester 94 or the Marlin Model 336 chambered in small bore hold around 10 shots in their tubular magazines. That's more than most bottom feeding clip magazines in either bolt-action or semi-auto. And these levers are cheap and light. The Marlin 336 is a side-ejector allowing for scope mounts and is chambered in 30-30 win or .35 rem. The 30-30 is an old cal but time tested. The .35 rem packs more of a punch. Of course they also make larger bore versions of these firearms up to .444 or so but they typically hold less rounds and that was my point...a lever action was the original assualt weapon. The "gun that won the west" was a Winchester 1873 carbine - an early lever action.

Just to round things out, I'd like to point out that Lauren Bush supports rap bolting (greater efficiency is supposed to be a republican thing, right?) and even likes those, umm, stiffie dog bone draws. The family has been trying to keep her torrid affairs with a bevy of French sport climbers hush hush, but I bet the embarrassing tidbit will show up as an October Surprise. Clearly, she's got that scrawny euro sport betty look going on.

Just to round things out, I'd like to point out that Lauren Bush supports rap bolting (greater efficiency is supposed to be a republican thing, right?) and even likes those, umm, stiffie dog bone draws. The family has been trying to keep her torrid affairs with a bevy of French sport climbers hush hush, but I bet the embarrassing tidbit will show up as an October Surprise. Clearly, she's got that scrawny euro sport betty look going on.

yelrotflmao.gif

There are also some unverified reports that she's a hangdogging stick-clipper, too, as well as at least one solid report of chipping on a scale unseen since the unholy reign of Bosch-happy lunatic Joe Brooks. Yeesh! hellno3d.gif

1. Fine, you are entitled to your opinion. However, as inanimate objects, guns are incapable of being "stupid, reckless, and useless" as you assert. People can act stupidly, behave recklessly, and by their actions can prove themselves useless.

2. Why? You will only discredit any link I post as "funded by the NRA" or some other such thing. I'll see what I can do for you. crime down

Oops, here's another one: crime comparison

3. No, it's because these things happen. I don't have links on this one, but I read the news stories.

4. Don't be mistaken, Squid, I in no way threatened you. I wouldn't waste my time threatening you. What I stated was a potential outcome as our views of personal self-defense differ.

Here's a nice article on the 2nd Amendment for Individuals: article

Here is another side of the Brady Campaign link: DANGER!! NRA link!!!

Greg_W

1. We'll table this one for the moment- the argument that 'guns don't kill people, people kill people' is something we can pick up again later.

2. The links you posted didn't work for me- I was just redirected to the NRA homepage. If you were directing me to an article, it would be great if you could post the text.

While I was there, a search on 'crime' brought up a nifty spreadsheet on violent crime data since the sixties. The notable aspect of this data is that (during the Clinton administration), violent crime decreased throughout the mid-to-late '90's. This doesn't imply that the decrease in crime was in any way related to personal gun ownership- this decrease in crime is old news and is directly attributable to the higher employment rates during that period. Since then (ie. since Bush took office) unemployment has risen and we've seen a correlated rise in violent crime. This rise in crime was not prevented by private handgun ownership.

I'd suggest that rather than looking a historical crime trends within the US, it would be useful to compare US crime rates with the crime rates in comparable cultures.

Another interesting look would be at the change in violent crime rates in Australia since they began instituting strict gun control laws ( here ).

3. C'mon. Work harder, or concede the point.

4. My bad. All apologies.

wave.gif (edited to correct misspellings)

Edited by Squid

apparently, as usual, the ladies get nothing from the republicans.

i can't think of any hot republican men hahaha.gif

wave.gif ME ME ME ME ME ME !!!!

ok here's another hot gop babe, the liberal slayer herself

sarah%20michelle%20gellar%204.jpg