1 cup Peanut Butter

1 cup Honey

1 cup Cocoa

1/2 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup raisins

1/2 cup shredded coconut

1 cup sunflower seeds

1 cup sesame seeds

Measure out the fruits etc, as you will need to work quickly when mixing all together at the end. Melt the peanut butter and honey together, then add cocoa. Mix (with hands if neccesary) in fruit, coconut, and seeds, then press into a 9x13 pan. Cool.

I found them just a little bit oily, so I may try adding some rice crispies or the like to dry them out a bit next time. cheeburga_ron.gif

The high soy content gives the bars a big hit of phytoestrogens. But both in Asia and here the men that eat a lot of tofu don't suddenly grow tits so I can't imagine what the purpose of marketing them "for women" is. It it supposed to be herbal hormone replacement for your drying menses or what? Cause I read somewhere that recent studies have determined hormone replacement is worthless due to the increased cancer risk. confused.gif

I just ran into Winco and saw Clif Bars on sale for 88 cents. Cheapest I've seen cheeburga_ron.gif.

That's nothing!

To late now but I was at a Liquidators in Everett, WA a couple of years ago that was selling them for $.10 a piece. Hundreds of boxes of them and still under warrenty.

I bought $20 dollars worth and came back for another $20 later. I froze most of them but they are long gone now.

I hate the taste of cliff bars. tongue.gif

In Vancouver WA there is a store on 99th street called "A&L Bargain store" You can buy cases of cliff bars, balance bars, and "Triathalon" bars for $3-$4 for 12. Only some are past the experiation date too. HCL.gif

I'm pretty sure the bars at Grocery Outlet were a bit past date too.

• 3 weeks later...