Finals bitch thread

layton

Ok, anyone else been staring out the window last week and also this coming week cuz of final exams?

I studied from 7am till 10:30pm non-stop today. I have 9 finals in:

Embryology

Gross Anatomy II

Biomech II

Gross Lab II

Histology II

Histo lab II

Radiographical Anatomy II

Biochemistry I

Motion Palpation II (which is actually kinda hard)

how the fuck am i supposed to study for 10 fucking classes (31 credit hours this quarter). There must be 10,000 terms i need to memorize not to mention the ideas and implications behind them.

Embryo is especially driving me crazy. The names are ridiculous-ex: "synchiotropoblast". and once you learn something it friggin develops into something else and changes names. stupid babies. and the photos in the text make me want to vomit.

Biochem sux

histology isn't so bad but it still sux

Gross anatomy is so amazingly complicated i don't know what's the friggen deal. How many damn structures can there possibly be in the head and neck. lemme tell you: a shit load. at least a thousand. and the innervation pathways and blood supply pathways to all the damn things. WTF? Thanks god for making the human body so complicated.

don't get me started on the lab. so far this quarter i've pulled the skin off my cadaver's face. pulled his eyeballs out. took a bone saw and cut his skull cap off and pulled out his brain. took a hacksaw and cut through his midline head and face to see a sagital view which was totally fucking disturbing to say the least. i mean this dude is FUBAR.

Radiographic anatomy? are they on acid? who can see this shit? there's nothing there!

Whew! ok your turn to bitch about studying for your finals and not enjoying a single moment of the nice weather we've had this week or will have next week.

thank god for spring break. boy am i gonna drink some beer bigdrink.gif and send the gnar. oh well it's all for the good of mankind.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I guess that's what you get for being a med student yelrotflmao.gif I only have four finals this week, three on the same day though (which licks the sweaty nutsack). I can't touch your marathon day since I've only been studying since 9 this morning. My biggest bitch is the multiple page proofs I keep getting stuck doing: verify the Divergence Theorem for a volume that looks like a penis where the vector field blows shit in your face, blah blah blah. Green, Maxwell, Stokes et al can kiss my ass madgo_ron.gif. One more week and it's spring break bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifsmileysex5.gif

Hello capitalist!

Maybe try contact Dr Phil, I'm sure he can help you with personal difficulties. This web site need new forum call crisis clinic, so we can offer life altering advise. cantfocus.gif

Thank you for allow commie to post.

???????Hello Capitalist??????

Ya, 3 finals Monday for me, but like hell if I'm going to study for them laugh.gif

I love community college cantfocus.gif

just finished studying today. 13 hours with breaks and my stomach hurts and i can't stop reciting numbers and names over and over. fuk! only 5 more days of cramming. as for my course load. i have no choice, that's what my school gave everyone in my quarter. i still have 10 more quarters to go. watch the syniscism and poor spelling increase throughout each post.

on the bright side i sent a V5 in the gym yesterday which isn't much but better than nothing.

9 more days till J-tree and dangerous levels of blood alcohol.

First off, I went to grad school so I know what you're going through. However, isn't complaining about med school work loads a bit like like signing up for the Army and then saying 'Gosh, this is really hard, and I didn't know we had to kill people!' Second, try being thankful that you have the means, ability, and opportunity to become a doctor rather than one of the thousand other shitty jobs in a hundred other shitty countries you *might* have ended up in. Nothing used to annoy me more in grad school than all these highly intelligent people complaining about how difficult their lives were. THink of it as karmic payback for having been a pre-med. Any of you who had to sit through chem lab with pre-meds know what I am talking about....;-)

blow me jt, you've bitched your fare share too. that is why this is called the "finals bitch thread."

spare me the lecture, i understand all of that. i am just bitching to blow off steam.

pop quiz: what doest the left 1st aortic arch artery develop into?

Ok, anyone else been staring out the window last week and also this coming week cuz of final exams?

haha, no. It'll be spring break for me next week, and no finals till may. And since I'm graduating in may, i probably will get out of taking them. thumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif

of course i'll be spending spring break here at school writing the design report for my senior design project, which just happens to be due the monday after spring break. thumbs_down.gif

boxing_smiley.gif

Pre med = watered down biology degree

"Is this going to be on the MCAT? I don't want to learn anything that won't be on the MCAT."

"Ochem is only a weed out class... I don't actually need to know this..."

"Oh... uhhh... I umm want to be a doctor so I can help people and stuff. Has nothing to do with the salary."

Pop quiz: If a particle at rest is found in a 3-d box with walls of infinite potential at t = 0, where is the particle located when t=1?

boxing_smiley.gif

"Is this going to be on the MCAT? I don't want to learn anything that won't be on the MCAT."

"Oh... uhhh... I umm want to be a doctor so I can help people and stuff. Has nothing to do with the salary."

Pop quiz: If a particle at rest is found in a 3-d box with walls of infinite potential at t = 0, where is the particle located when t=1?

Here's a pop quiz for ya: "It is the early strength of the English kings that explains why England would eventually develop into a limited monarch; while it is the early weakness of the Capetian kings that explains the eventual emergence of a French royal absolutism. Explain this apparent contradition."

Where's that barf graemin when you need him? madgo_ron.gif

Ok, I lied, apparently my brain is full of Biomechanics, but not of burning time.

My guess to the above is that the particle at t=1 would be in the exact same place. You know, object at rest stays at rest. Walls of infinite potential have nothing to do with it, unless they come in contact with the particle or are giving off some other force that effects the particle, emf or something. Let me know if I am right, I am curious.