logging in to cc before chattering

marylou

Right now the board is set up so that you do not have to be a member of cc to join the chatroom. It would be really nice if this could be changed, so that the ghosts from Banned Kamp couldn't come in. It gets a little old.

I know this should be posted in cc news, but I can't get it to let me make a post there. Feel free to move it there.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not ignore those who trouble you, it is ones own decision to read something or not. This is not an EXCLUSIVE site and should not become one. There are a select number of individuals on this site who "ruffle the feathers" of others and have led to their dismissal. People have a right to discuss issues of their choice, and it is hoped that it is climbing on this site. If it is irrelevant to climbing then it goes to spray. If people don't like something, then ignore it. hellno3d.gif

Why not ignore those who trouble you, it is ones own decision to read something or not. This is not an EXCLUSIVE site and should not become one. There are a select number of individuals on this site who "ruffle the feathers" of others and have led to their dismissal. People have a right to discuss issues of their choice, and it is hoped that it is climbing on this site. If it is irrelevant to climbing then it goes to spray. If people don't like something, then ignore it. hellno3d.gif

Exactly.

OK, I'll tell you why, but you would already know this if you used the chat function:

The way the chat is set up now, you can log in using any name you want. Annoying, perhaps, but tolerable.

So, when people log in, you spend some time playing a little "guessing game" (zzz) as to who is there. Sometimes we get noobs and goobs in there, and with the presence of some of the ghosts in the chat, you just can't always tell. I've accidentally flamed people I thought were ghosts, and accidentally not flamed people who were.

One of the ghosts in particular can be a real raging a-hole. If you all love him so much, perhaps you should let him back on the board so he can spread his anti-bolting BS all over cc again. Then maybe we wouldn't have him getting all critical as to the direction of the discourse in the chatter.

I want my time-wasting chat to be efficient, dammit!

Let's just say that you get what you give...

I happen to be happy that there is somewhere that I can still hook up with Dwayner.

I find it really annoying when you start acting like an ass to him as soon as you figure out who he is.

So be careful what you wish for.

BTW, you are mistaken, you do have to be a member of CC to use the chat room. Just try to chatter without being logged in to CC...