Keylock Locking Biners?

willstrickland

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're prolly looking for the Petzl attache:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=978&parent_category_rn=4500680

Available at both REI & Feathered Friends here in Seattle- shouldn't be too hard to get from AMH in Anchorage (do they have a Fairbanks store?)

BD also makes the locking Positron biner.

I have the BD Positron Keylock and I like it.

As it is made of antimatter, one must constantly take care to avoid contact with ordinary matter.

Great one!! For all the rest out there--positrons are positvely charged friends of electrons--same size, etc., hence the antimatter reference.

I have the BD Positron Keylock and I like it.

As it is made of antimatter, one must constantly take care to avoid contact with ordinary matter.

Great one!! For all the rest out there--positrons are positvely charged friends of electrons--same size, etc., hence the antimatter reference.

ahhh i see confused.gifconfused.gif

I have a Petzel attache, me like grin.gif

Despite the lack of ovals and super light D's, I think Petzl makes some of the best sh*t going. They used to make a screwgate spirit, but haven't done so for 6 or 7 years. Kong makes a strikingly similar product. As for the big lockers, I dislike the Attache, I find the top to be too wide to stay put and the bottom too narrow to seat properly in a sling or harness. I'm a huge fan of the William and Am'D though. I'm all about the ball-lock. Some of my partners have cursed the ball-lock system to the point where I use different biners when climbing with them to avoid crucifixion. I've had one that I've been using since just after they came out (4 years?) and still have no problems with it, even iced up with heavy gloves.

I like the William because it is huge and the bottom curve is just the right size to sit on a belay loop or harness tie point. The Am'D balllocks are sweet for anything you need to be locked that you aren't attending (top-rope anchors for example)

The Am'D balllocks are sweet

yes, they are. thumbs_up.gif it's funny because i climb with people all the time who have never seen the spinballs. they usually figure it out, but you have to wonder about the ones who can't! evils3d.gif sometimes the spinners get sticky so i think it'd be nice to have some screwgates, too, but the spinballs are very sweet.

mr. skip: i like the am'd because it's big and beautiful. tongue.gif they are big enough to be useful for just about any and everything i'd want a locker for but not annoyingly big - if that makes any sense. (they also have an "exceptional strength to weight ratio".) the william is quite a bit heavier and just feels bulky to me. the attache can be nice for simple anchors (and i use them on my adjustable daisies), but the pear shape coupled with it's small size causes stuff to bunch up at the bottom ... which can be annoying. i've also had trouble getting the attache to fit into some chains and bolts because of the circumference of the tubing and the width of the top part of the pear, whereas i've never had any trouble getting the am'd to fit. just my own opinions and experience ...

Thanks Gary, acctually i bought one of those, but it didn't work for my intended purpose. That biner has a gaurd that makes you pull up on the gate befor eit will twist open. Kind of like the old BD Superlock biner.

I use them on my daisies and need to be able to open it easily with a thumb. This biner is too hard to open over and over again with just yer thumb.

Anyway, I don't think it exists... frown.gif