PubClub 5/21/02

mattp

Last week, we talked about how it is yet again going to te a "Seattle" week. ChucK has been advocating for Fiddlers, Sean votes for the Alki, Sara had someting else in mind, and there has been some talk of an outdoor pubclub. Where's it going to be? That Beckey person is wanting an answer again -- and he has again suggested to me that any self-respecting bunch of beer guzzlers ought to know that you can't just make these important plans at the last minute.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mattp,

I completed my homework assignment and checked out Fiddler's last night. They got a good beer selection, food, and an outdoor beer garden!!! They also have wine, but no place is perfect. Here's the URL with location and other info http://www.fiddlersinn.org.

I vote for Fiddler's Inn out of pure self-interest (close to my home) and the fact that if the weather is nice, that outdoor beer garden will be sweet icon14.gif[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

I have faith that nobody is going to be an idiot about this and once we have settled on a place we are going to stick with it but new ideas will be put on the table for next week or the week after. Is that faith misplaced?

You can't always get what you want ... but if you try sometimes -- you can have beer with your friends. I'm just begging for mercy, because without the calm guidance of SayJay, I'm afraid we could blow it again -- just when it looked as if PubClub might survive the trauma of weeks past.

Will Fred be there to sign women's undergarments? My wife is SO THRILLED with having his signature on her favorite (and now retired) silk climbing bra. It's going on the gear room wall. Tours of the shrine are available for a small charge.

Thanks, Fred.

John

Juan, you finally come to a pubclub, and most of us missed you because pubclub blew up that night. Tell your wife you're obligated to show up again this week and you can thank him yourself (that is, if we can select a place with enough advance warning so he can put it on his calendar).

OK, I just gotta ask this....FB is always pressuring us (through his emissaries) to set the location for PC a few days in advance. Now, we all know that the time of Pub Club is 7PM on Tuesdays, beyond that, why does he need to know in advance what the location is going to be? I sort of like not knowing for sure where we are going to meet until Monday at the earliest, and sometimes Tuesday! [chubit][big Drink]

Allison, I sort of agree that there is really no need to figure it out before Monday, but for some people it IS important to know in advance -- I know it is lame, but there are those who will attend if it is in their neighborhood but will not if it is to be accross town. And some of these people may have to coordinate with a spouse or work or something else. I don't know what Fred's issue is, exactly, but he wrote that "I don't have time to check the internet all day on Tuesdays." Speaking for myself, I can be flexible about the location but I think it is lame that some people seem to WAIT until the last minute to make their arguments -- as if they couldn't anticipate on, say Friday May 17, that they objected to going to the Fiddler's Inn on Tuesday, May 21. Is there something wrong with picking a place and sticking with it and waiting a week or two if you want to promote a different location?

So I'm not part of the pub club forray, unfortunatley, but I'm always amused at the threads/arguments about where to go...

Why doesn't one person put together a month schedule, with all the dates, times, and places it will be... that way there won't be any ?'s about where to go drink.

just a thought....

Nobody has seen fit to object, so how's about we make ChucK's dream come true: a Northeast Seattle pub club.

Fiddler's Inn, at 9219 35th Ave Ne, Seattle, WA 98115. Slightly "ferny," says ChucK, but otherwise it is everything you ever asked for in a pub club venue. Well-behaved (and leashed) dogs are welcome in the outdoor beer garden, so Holly and Eddie can bring their animals for all to admire.

Directions: Take the Lake City exit from I-5, and follow Lake City Way (State Route 522) just over one mile, to 95th Street Northeast (the turn can be difficult to spot, it comes as you go down a hill and there is some kind of auto repair shop on the corner). Proceed right (east) on 95th Street NE, .7 miles to 35th Avenue NE. Turn right (south) and drive about a block -- the Fiddler's Inn is on the corner on the right.

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

What's your point? I generally don't get involved in the fray. When you decide to drink at Smokey Point, I'll be there.

I guess I've never understood why you choisse to "help" us establish where the PC's gonna be. What's YOUR point?

Do you EVER have anything to say? [Eek!]