idea... all you female lurkers check this out!

icegirl

Some of the women of cc.com and I were chatting this evening and came up with an interesting idea... How about a Women's forum? We've got a forum for everything else... How about it Jon and Timm@y? It would be nice for the women to have a place to ask other women climbing related questions (like what clothes to wear, etc..) without men always chiming in (if we want that we can post in spray wink.gif The catch... (you knew there would be one) The boys can read, but not post... Heck, it should work out great, we know you like to watch wink.gif

-Laura

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they'd have to prove their femaleness before getting posting privledges. I'd take the time to wade through the mess and figure out the logistics if given the chance... and no, dru, being in touch with your feminine side does not count...

i want to know how they are gonna prove they are female. obviously seattle based ones could show up at pub club to get "approved" but other than that? are they gonna have to send you live webcam feed (pictures can be faked or obtained in many places)? I think its gonna be pretty near impossible to verify in many cases.

I volunteer to look at photos though if you ask for photos for verification. wink.gif

i want to know how they are gonna prove they are female. obviously seattle based ones could show up at pub club to get "approved" but other than that? are they gonna have to send you live webcam feed (pictures can be faked or obtained in many places)? I think its gonna be pretty near impossible to verify in many cases.

I volunteer to look at photos though if you ask for photos for verification. wink.gif

I don't have all the answers as of yet. But gee, we wouldn't want them all to show up at PC, now would we? that might destroy the fraternal atmosphere... Like I said, this was just a thought tossed around, so far other than snugtop, the only responses have been from guys... So, maybe not a good idea... never hurts to ask smile.gif

It might be a good idea for down the road but with the low #'s of female posters here now I think it would get stale pretty quick. How many times can you talk about the latest harness or bib that allows you to pee easily while roped up, ya know? Or how good/bad it is to be involved in a largely male sport? But who knows and who am I to say? It just might encourage some new female perspective to cc.com.

Bush is a uniter? The last time I looked,he's completely squandered our international diplomatic goodwill,and an international poll quoted on CNN,MSNBC,and FOX showed that fully 2/3 of repondents in 6 European nations thought Bush was largely having a negative effect on international relations.When even FOX news reports something like that,there must be something to it.

Domestically Bush's suggestion for a constitutional amendment regarding gay marriage(yeah,right,like that's gonna happen)has already exacerbated division between people of all political and religious persuasions all over the country,including within the Republican party.Your statement is not apropos of reality.About the only uniting Bush has done is among the fat cats,the upper 1% of the economic scale,and narrow-minded religious right wing bigots.Some unity.

Furthermore,Bush administration positions on abortion,womens' rights,and family planning are hardly anything that any group of intelligent,free-thinking women would likely want to emulate.So please,let's NOT have anyone or anything being more like Bush,the most disastrous so-called president we have ever had.

Getting back to the subject at hand,I think the idea of a women's forum is an excellent idea,and should definitely be free of male postings.And we might stand to really learn something about women AND ourselves,guys.I'd certainly welcome the opportunity;show me one guy who says he understands women,and I'll show you a big fat liar.I hear women say the same thing about men all the time.

thumbs_up.gifrockband.gifgrin.gif

Edited by Mtguide