Gator named 4th toughest guy in N America

Tod

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 JEREMY JONES

Big Mountain Snowboarder • 28 • Truckee, California

"A lot of people think I've got a death wish," Jones says. "But I can read where that avalanche is going to go and I flirt with it."

Hmm, we'll see how long somebody who claims "he can read the avalanche" will last... shocked.gifpitty.gif

rolleyes.gif Josh. You flirt with danger and sometimes it bites you on the ass. There's no winning that debate because when it happens you'll say "See, I told you..." and until then "Wait and see, it'll happen."

I'm pretty sure he's the guy who snowboarded the cable route on half dome and stuck it without going over the edge. That at a minimum deserves some respect, not your spray flicking attitude.

Jeremy Jones is way hardcore snowboarder. Beside Half Dome there a ton of other difficult first descent all over the place that he has done. I agree the quote is sort of stupid, but he definitely deserves respect for pulling off shit that most people can't even fathom.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice job Mike, great to see you get recognized.

I was wondering if I know any other "tough" guys, and why not include Ted....

1) Ted bicycles to the northwest territories with two months supplies in garbage bags, including a $20 raft, strapped to his bike. He reaches the Mackenzie river, inflates his raft, stows the garbage bags, and floats the river. The raft deflates mid stream several days later, he swims to shore abandoning the craft.

2) Ted successfully climbs Mt Rainier, only to take a graceful roped swan dive into the bergshrund on the emmons. Only a minor inconvenience!

3) Ted attempts an 86 mile one-day run through the Olympic mountains with two friends. Almost succeeds until his friend has a 'Giardia Attack" at mile 72.

4) While bicycling along a county road admiring a herd of elk, a cop car drives by too fast and strikes an elk. The elk totals the cop car and is thrown, sailing through the air, only to land on Ted as he is bicycling. Waking up in the hospital, he has yet another tough man story to tell!

all true stories rockband.gif