GWB is alright with me...

Peter_Puget

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob: I invite you to crack open your Websters and investigate 'alright.' The English language is and always will be malleable. Alright is now in such common usage again that it is acceptable in most forms of writing that are not strictly formal. This website is about as informal as it gets. It's the schnizzle man!

bigdrink.gif

Give me a break. If this guy was a normal working Joe he never would have gotten into those schools.

He was born on thrid base and thinks he hit a triple.

How do you arrive at your conclusions? By analyzing his speeches, deducing his IQ and GPA, and showing that he would never have been admitted? rolleyes.gif

"Like any emotion, hatred (in others) must be inferred from (their) behavior (including linguistic behavior). There are four signs of hatred:

* Obsession. The hater returns again and again to the hated. Nothing looms larger in the hater's mind. The hated becomes a brooding omnipresence, a focus of suspicion, fear, and loathing.

* Inability to see ‑- much less to acknowledge ‑- good in the hated. The hated becomes the very personification of evil, incapable of being, intending, or doing good. Nobody is perfectly bad, of course, but this is how the hated appears.

* Cynicism. Nothing the hated says is taken at face value, however plausible it may be on its face and however sincerely it is expressed. Indeed, the hated's claim of good motivation is often taken as further evidence of his or her viciousness, duplicity, or perversity.

* Malevolence. The hater is not merely indifferent to the welfare of the hated, as might be the case with a stranger, but wishes things to go poorly for him or her. The hater delights in the hated's misery or misfortune. The Germans have a special word for this: "schadenfreude.""

http://www.techcentralstation.com/102103A.html

Where he was born has nothing to do with if he can get into a top MBA Program. Sure it helps because it USUALLY means that one born into wealth and standing get a better education than the avergare working man, but you'd be very surprised how many people at Harvard, and Kellog, Chicago, Mich, Wharton, etc. are from non-patrician families.

These schools are very focused on performance as well as test scores, and undergrad grades.

I have friends that went to top notch grad schools (One at Harvard) and they grew up in blue collar side of the midwest in very normal working class and lower middle class homes.

Sure, I think GW is deceiving in that soo many people dimiss him as a simpleton. I make no comment on his politics.

Where he was born has nothing to do with if he can get into a top MBA Program. Sure it helps because it USUALLY means that one born into wealth and standing get a better education than the avergare working man, but you'd be very surprised how many people at Harvard, and Kellog, Chicago, Mich, Wharton, etc. are from non-patrician families.

These schools are very focused on performance as well as test scores, and undergrad grades.

I have friends that went to top notch grad schools (One at Harvard) and they grew up in blue collar side of the midwest in very normal working class and lower middle class homes.

Sure, I think GW is deceiving in that soo many people dimiss him as a simpleton. I make no comment on his politics.

Are you kidding or just naive? You think this frat boy could have gotten into Harvard w/o his family money? BS. Sure smart folks from any economic stratum can get it. This guy wasn't one of them. Hmmm, wonder why he always refuses to let anyone see his undergrad or graduate grades. He says he doesn't read books or newspapers and that he gets all the information he needs from his advisors. Yea, a real Renaissance man.

without even counting his wife's Heinz money.
no one realizes how much money you can rake in doing favors with ketchup.

Uh, his wife is the heiress to the Heinz empire, dude. But I'm sure you knew that being the Portland-living, liberal fucktard that you are. the_finger.gif