On Trask, change, etc.

RobBob

It was about two years ago that I started reading this site, and like many of you, I became addicted to the wide-open clever discussions, jabs, jokes, TRs, the whole thing. Much like being in the right town at the right time for a hot new band, this site was a joint, a thang, whatever you wanna call it. There were great counterpoint characters in trask, DFA, mtngoat, SC, j_b, iain, FW, dru, etc. etc.

I don't know if it's moderation or just the passing of time that has killed the free-wheeling banter. I do know that it has changed, and trask despite his vulgarity put some thought into keeping spray alive with his posts. I miss the old avatars who no longer post, but what the Hell, work calls evermore anyhow.

Thanks cc.com for providing a lot of entertainment, much of it very clever even while packaged in so many low-brow, vulgar threads. This gaper right coaster has learned a lot from TR and gear threads, and has had a lot of fun. I do get to make the occasional trip to the PNW and next time I'm headed there with enough time to slog up something, hopefully I can contact some of you and see if I can tag along.

Adios for now, folks bigdrink.gif

RobBob

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavyhandedness, or the threat thereof, stifles ideation, creativity, and the desire to contribute. Minx is the head matron of the BDM of cc.com. madgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gif

yeah and you're about one toe from being over the line mister. i'll rip your eyes out and serve them up in a nice pesto sauce and bottle of wine if you don't STFU and behave yourself. moon.gifthe_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

Minx – I believe that there are (at least) two trends taking place. One is the normal cycle of trendy social things. Think of trendy nightclubs or even some fun first date. At first it/he/she is all consuming and entertaining but after awhile it/he/she is just the same ole same ole. I would point that DFA, SC, j_b and mtngoat all stopped posting before the “so called” change in moderation started. Necro. And DoctorB just do not have what it take to inspire great spray political debates.

Somewhat coincidental and not wholly unrelated was the increase in inane spray. That is simple insults void of any underlying humor or wit. Trask made many a witty post but more recently he too was becoming a one trick pony relying on simple vulgarity. I think it was this short of post that is the reason Trask was banned. You know very well that very little has changed in the way of moderation, so to blame the moderation of the board as the primary force in the change at cc.com is simply silly.

So says the moderator of the most heavily moderated forum on the site.

Heck if it was up to me I be more strict with the moderation; however, I actually do very little in the way of moderation there. The last time I pruned a thread even pope was saying it was spray althoug that did not stop him from ripping on me for pruning it in the spray forum!

PP bigdrink.gif

Minx – I believe that there are (at least) two trends taking place. One is the normal cycle of trendy social things. Think of trendy nightclubs or even some fun first date. At first it/he/she is all consuming and entertaining but after awhile it/he/she is just the same ole same ole. I would point that DFA, SC, j_b and mtngoat all stopped posting before the “so called” change in moderation started. Necro. And DoctorB just do not have what it take to inspire great spray political debates.

Somewhat coincidental and not wholly unrelated was the increase in inane spray. That is simple insults void of any underlying humor or wit. Trask made many a witty post but more recently he too was becoming a one trick pony relying on simple vulgarity. I think it was this short of post that is the reason Trask was banned. You know very well that very little has changed in the way of moderation, so to blame the moderation of the board as the primary force in the change at cc.com is simply silly.

Sweety Petey I have to agree and disagree. The feel of cc.com has been changing over the last 6 months at least. there is a change. there are so many people here that I have not met, may not meet. it is a changing of the gaurd.. an generational shift. it isn't bad to me anyway... just means fresh meet grin.gif with inside jokes that they wont get wink.gif

Sounds like we agree more than we disagree. Hey you still haven't met me!

be at smith this weekend! impromptu CC.com tuff fest! yeah! Rudy skyclimb and I will be there. How can you resist a 35 year old hard man, a 22 year old bandana wearing blond guy, and a 19 year old glasses wearing neck beard fool???

Sounds like we agree more than we disagree. Hey you still haven't met me!
ANY ANY TIME grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif well I just think that things are changing I just don't think it is bad, just diffrent Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

I agree with what Petey is saying. I think hip joints rely on a small number of "uber plab" dudes who sort of get things rolling, so to speak. They have a huge influence on the others, so many of whom are just hangers on who just snipe from the sidelines (myself included). Having said that, I believe that all it might take is one or two new cool cats coming round to liven things up.

I agree with what Petey is saying. I think hip joints rely on a small number of "uber plab" dudes who sort of get things rolling, so to speak. They have a huge influence on the others, so many of whom are just hangers on who just snipe from the sidelines (myself included). Having said that, I believe that all it might take is one or two new cool cats coming round to liven things up.
ya but it is time for a new generation. the cool kids will be diffrent. younger more HEP. those of us who choose to will keep in contact.

For the longest time I've wondered why advertisers would spend millions of dollars to make stupid commercials for Doritos or Sprite or whatever. They may be funny or the chick may be hot, but I don't eat or drink more of this stuff because of it, and so I've always wondered who this stuff works on. I guess I have my answer.

For the longest time I've wondered why advertisers would spend millions of dollars to make stupid commercials for Doritos or Sprite or whatever. They may be funny or the chick may be hot, but I don't eat or drink more of this stuff because of it, and so I've always wondered who this stuff works on. I guess I have my answer.

yellaf.gif i've wondered the same thing. now i know. yellaf.gif

With the one-post-per-30 minute spray rate these days it's a wonder the advertisers haven't pulled the plug by now. Just a matter of time.

Seeya. bigdrink.gif

December Distinct hosts served: 20,609

January Distinct hosts served: 27,221

For you Doritos and Sprite consumers, January isn't over yet. Hey Veggie we just got another advertiser, so EAD wave.gif

For a while there was a little dude at the bottom of the screen where you could click and see the stats. Haven't seen him for a bit now.

Spray is the most poplular attraction to the site. Remove the sprayers and you'll have a bunch of lurkers who will get tired of coming back and seeing that there are no new posts since the last time they visited.

Bug said it really well the other day when he said the site is becoming less of a community and more of a club.