Now What

texplorer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aid climbing at Broughton's,Madrone(sneak in),Beacon,Carver,Rocky Butte,ice at Pete's Pile,cliffs below Mirror Mountain(to right of Skibowl-serious stuff,too)drytooling in the gorge(great practice)more ice on Illumination rock,Steel Cliffs,& the Black Spider(also serious) on Hood.(Played out?-I don't think so)Further south are Wolf Rock ,Santiam Pinnacle;out by Oregon City there's a little area called Waterboard Park.Or head up to Snoqualmie for N.Face of Chair Peak. Tons of stuff to do.Check out Portland Rock climbs;Izzat OK for a start?PM me.Lots more where that came from.

wave.gif

Edited by Mtguide

i was trying for that a few weeks ago in the Oregon Ice thread. not a lot came in. i've got some more trolling e-mails out at the moment for more beta and climbs. perhaps wayne1112 could help us out with the I-Rock stuff. Vert's got stuff from the Strawberries, Terminal Gravity must have stuff from the Wallowas, and i bet skyclimb's got some of Da Ice Hose from last year. anyways, here's one of some ice (a few pitches, i'd guess) on the NE side of N. Sister in December (it's a photo of a photo, no scanner), there was visible ice from 5 miles away on Middle too... oh,and the ladies in pink. 3720nsister.JPG

3720pinksisters-med.JPG

There is plenty of ice here. some easy to get to & some not. Some fat and solid; and some as bit more tenous. WI1+ to WI6 maybe. I've been ice climbing 1 or 2 times a week for the past month but I can't garuntee the weather. We occasionally get a few days of really warm winds that screw every thing up. Right now I would say it is a 7 on a scale of 1-10 for Wallwa Ice.

I have never posted a photo & don't really know how but I do have a few marginal one's I could post if somebody really cares.

At most I could climb 1 day this weekend, so if a couple people meet out here I could point you in the right direction and maybe could rope up on a climb or two. but you can't count on me for a partner all weekend long.

....and this is about all the time I have to write about it. If you PM me include your phone# or I may not respond...sorry I'm just pretty busy today.

8=========D

d00d! so pretty, need to ski

298747-U_slidelake.jpg

Not the greatest pic (it was smokey, too much muir hut), but this is the slide lakes basin, the upper basin is an almost perfect horseshoe of plab potential.

When we were camped out there (sometime after chinook came back with toilet paper hanging from his mouth), there was a herd of elk perched at the top of the rim lookin down at us... it was neat.

298747-U_slidelake.thumb.jpg.adcfb5b8585795cb10c6c526773ae7b1.jpg

Edited by gapertimmy