Anyone see 60 minutes yesterday?

RuMR

Well doesn't it make more sense to cry about what is right in front of us? Doesn't it make more sense to agitate for some change that we actually can affect?

Yeah. So work on getting a president you can support rather than whining about a president who's term will end in months. What are you gonna do impeach him for his last 3 days in office?

I am! Why do you think I am writing all this anti-Bush rhetoric on this website! I figure there's a small chance I could jog a Fox-news zombie out of her coma, and a better chance that I can firm the resolve of anti-shrubs to go out and vote and bring 5 friends with them.

I think the Dems would have a hard time finding a candidate I would not support wholeheartedly against Bush. I would agitate for another candidate from the Republican party, but here in WA they cancelled our chance to do that. Dean, Clark, Kerry, Gephart, McCain, Perot, Nader, Mosely Braun, Clinton, Dicks. I'd vote for Trask over GWB. Much rather have a president who satisfies himself via sexual harassment in the oval office than one who inflates himself by sending 10000 americans to their graves or the army hospital.

So there are 11 people I would vote for over GWB. I'm sure you could find about 11,000 more. I am firmly in the anti-Bush camp. The bleeding needs to be stopped. That is job one.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure there's a small chance I could jog a Fox-news zombie out of her coma

On cc.com? That's rich! rolleyes.gif Are there any people that ever read fox on cc.com?

Much rather have a president who satisfies himself via sexual harassment in the oval office than one who inflates himself by sending 10000 americans to their graves or the army hospital.

kosovo... much deception with the "no-one died when clinton lied" slogan. 100,000 people turned into what 3,000?

If you wanna change minds, this is not the place. 99% here agree with you. Nice security blanket anyways.

kosovo... much deception with the "no-one died when clinton lied" slogan. 100,000 people turned into what 3,000?

WTF? Are you saying 100,000 Americans died at Kosovo? Enlighten us.

If you wanna change minds, this is not the place. 99% here agree with you.

That's good to know. I hope all 99% of you go out and vote! Bring your like-minded friends.

As for the other 1% of you, don't bother, your vote is wasted yellaf.gif.

Nice security blanket anyways.

confused.gif WTF? You're sounding all cryptic like Erik or Caveman. Elaborate or be ignored.

Roark, you are right of course that other presidents have done bad things. However, you seem not to know what is happening with regard national security. I could be slighly mistaken, but I believe (1) the Clinton admin handed Bush a plan for a Homeland Security effort that was similar to what Ridge is doing and the Bush people tanked it; (2) the Clinton admin also had a plan in the works to take out Bin Laden, and the Bush people tanked that; and (3) the Patriot Act was not written by Congress -- it was drafted in the White House, and rubber stamped by Congress.

Roark, you are right of course that other presidents have done bad things. However, you seem not to know what is happening with regard national security. I could be slighly mistaken, but I believe (1) the Clinton admin handed Bush a plan for a Homeland Security effort that was similar to what Ridge is doing and the Bush people tanked it; (2) the Clinton admin also had a plan in the works to take out Bin Laden, and the Bush people tanked that; and (3) the Patriot Act was not written by Congress -- it was drafted in the White House, and rubber stamped by Congress.

I admit that I don't have all the info and answers at hand. What I do submit is that most of these people bashing GWB don't either. Regarding your point 3, who do we blame? Bush or Congress? Who failed in their charge? I'd say both based on the legislation, but nobody seems to recognize that; they only bash Bush.

Roark - I agree with you if you are suggesting that Congress is not doing its job.

EXACTLY!!! They have completely shifted focus from constituent representation to simply self-preservation and power accumulation.

Though you seem to want to deflect this topic (other presidents, congress), I'll readdress the main point, which is Bush.

Are you saying that we should vote for Bush again because the congress didn't stop him from doing all the bad things he did? Looney cantfocus.gif logic.

From talking to Rep. Inslee, I got the impression that the Dems were just trying to preserve past gains by stopping GOP bills any way they can. It is sort of like, "we can't go forward, but maybe we can at least avoid going backward".

...And then you suggested that one might 'grease the wheels', so to speak, with a nice campaign contribution to Mr Inslee if they wanted to gain his favor. That was beautiful, Catbird. rolleyes.gif

Sounds like Mr O'niel didn't even read the book that his reporter/author friend wrote for him. He is now backpedaling big time. Fucking hilarious! When are the lefties going to stop grasping at straws? All of their stories seem to fall apart upon the mildest scrutiny, and the WMD issue....the only real meat they've had....well, the public just doesn't seem to care! (At least the public that liberals/lefties chose not to surround themselves with.)

You guys are a riot. I look forward to many nights of entertainment as November draws closer. Some of you are just gonna' pop a vein and keel over. About the only thing you've had any success at is hijacking the angry white male brand from the right wing! yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifwave.gifcry.gifyellaf.gif

• 3 months later...