Gorge Ice?

texplorer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crackman, Mtnhigh, Texplorer, and Zach went up to hazel dell area yesterday. We climbed at the Hazel dell area on what we thought to be Bent Screw and The Column. Both were very nicely formed. I would imagine that at least Bent Screw will be in for a few more days but the column was starting to deteriorate yesterday. Overall these are nice climbs that are out of the wind.

Yeah, we dug and then pushed that Explorer out (not the SUV in the pic above). Those kids were lucky someone happened along or it would have been a long cold night.

Anyway, here are a few pics from the climbing on Thursday...

Base of Bent Screw (Rob, MntHigh, & Zack)

2072Base_of_the_Column-med.jpg

Dueling leads on Bent Screw (MntHigh and Crackman)

2072Dueling_leads-med.jpg

Zack Attack on Bent Screw

2072Zack_on_BentScrew-med.jpg

LuvShaker on the Column

2072LuvShaker_on_the_Column-med.jpg

Texplorer on the Column

2072Tex_on_the_Column-med.JPG

Good to see you got out shred, I wound up heading out with some folks kinda last minute. We were confronted by ODOT on the old highway after we did a little road closure violation over by Ainsworth. We descided to beat a retreat when he called up the state police to lay down the law. We ended up at wakeena falls.

That curtain thing to the right

gorge_sat1.jpg

Smooth Operator

gorge_sat2.jpg

Those locals deserve a break. Many of them have been snowed in for days with 84 closed. We were trying to bust through the old highway by Ainsworth. When we decided to turn around, I of course plowed my Taco into the snow and promptly highcentered. As we sheepishly dig out, of course ODOT shows up and starts giving us the "can't you read" lines. He was probably pretty stressed out after the last few days.

It was certainly a blast. Kudos to shred for leading the super scary second 'pitch' on Crown Jewel leading into the gulley. The mushrooms were uber hollow and I kept waiting for my fat ass to punch through to the torrent raging below. Instead I topped out only to be nearly swept off by the damn wind. The moss and choss gully scramble was icing on the cake.

I'm still high from such a spectaular day!

stupid germans with their passat diesels! Get a real american-blooded steed like an f-350. That's what that says backwards.

At least they didn't almost run you over while you were digging your truck out of a drift, then proceed to insult you as you try to turn around rolleyes.gif