Partners Who Bail

Dru

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yellaf.gif

Once, when I was a Mutantneer in 2000, I was slated to go to Mt. Jefferson. Well, the leader called me to say the trip was off. Why was it off? Seems he dropped a can of Campbell's soup on his foot when he was reaching for it in an upper cupboard. Now what kind of lame excuse is that? rolleyes.gif I've never dropped any cans on my foot in the kitchen. A toenail came off today but I may still go out tomorrow (if Catbird doesn't bail on me). grin.gif

Was told about someone doing a "club" climb on Kautz route on Rainier that was cancelled at the trailhead because the leader had blown out a load-lifter strap on his pack and wouldn't commit to the climb with his broken pack. Now that is lame. Reason #599 why climbing with .... insert your mountaineering club name here.... is so suck

Was told about someone doing a "club" climb on Kautz route on Rainier that was cancelled at the trailhead because the leader had blown out a load-lifter strap on his pack and wouldn't commit to the climb with his broken pack. Now that is lame. Reason #599 why climbing with .... insert your mountaineering club name here.... is so suck
That's totally lame when you don't even need the damn straps in the first place. A couple of tucks with a needle and thread and it would have been fine. Could have scrounged that off of some campers or the ranger somewhere. Don't go painting everybody with the same brush, just because one guy lacked resourcefulness.

Why cant these candy asses just buck up and maintain their commitments? I really get pissed when I'm on a climb and someone gets hurt just short of the summit and pusses out. "Put a tourniquet on it you baby!" madgo_ron.gif

Seriously, you guys who's lives revolve around climbing and stuff need to get some perspective. Some people have family's, jobs and sometimes, out of the blue, shit happens. wazzup.gif Sounds like a control freak group session in here.

Not calling to cancel however, is grounds for a minimum of 10' of penalty slack, DOAE, (depending on actual excuse). I hate that madgo_ron.gif