LINER SOCKS!

layton

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thumbs_up.gif i havent found a leather climbing boot that hasnt given me blisters. so i bought some liner socks....worked great....dont get blisters anymore..not even sore spots. my boots are my best friends now. i got some silk liners and rei...lightweight and warm....cause light is right my friends.

my $.02

Aidan

Think wool

Specifically SmartWool

slightly thicker liners sox in merino wool keep your feet comfortable, warm or cold, wet or dry, they don't compress down after a couple days use.

AND they don't stink like synthetics. Somehow these sox can be worn for days of hard travel without smelling bad.

I use a variety of thicknesses of Smartwool sox as the outer sox as well for all the same reasons. Synthetics will have to go a long way in advancing the technology to have me abandon SmartWool.

Ultimax liner socks are great

yes, they smell AWFUL at the end of the day, but that's cuz they soak up all your sweat. I figure it doubles the use of an outer "smartwool" type hiking sock

Just put the dirty socks in a zip lock - should be OK.

But with running shoes etc., they are great, they don't move and don't slip