kaukulaters vs mega

lummox

my old blue kaukulators dont look so good. and i need to look good on da rock. anybody know how the megas compare to kaukulaters for climbing cause i understand the lasts used are different (sumpin bout symmetric and asymmetric shizzle)? or anybody got a new pair of kaukulators in size 43.5?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cracked said:

Both are great for steep ice. If you want to climb rock, get a rock shoe. tongue.gif

i dont get it. you are not funny. quit it. now.

i just want a bit of leather over my ankles while i climb easy rock all day. i dont need the super-tight-i-cant-feel-my-toes-and-corns-are-not-too-bad-anyhow shoes to get up 5.11 bullshit. but i dont want fukin ronald macdonald clown shoes either.

lummox said:

cracked said:

Both are great for steep ice. If you want to climb rock, get a rock shoe. tongue.gif

i dont get it. you are not funny. quit it. now.

i just want a bit of leather over my ankles while i climb easy rock all day. i dont need the super-tight-i-cant-feel-my-toes-and-corns-are-not-too-bad-anyhow shoes to get up 5.11 bullshit. but i dont want fukin ronald macdonald clown shoes either.

So what's the question? Try the Megas on.

i HAVE tried the megas on. they are different than the kaukulators. they are straighter if that makes any sense. the kaukulators kina curve your foot inwards more. so i was axing if they climb different and shit. guess i will have to climb that fukin gaywad wall at the rei superstore and then guess what they actually do outside where the woodland creatures live. thanks for fukall you fukin fukers.

lummox said:

cracked said:

I believe Boreal still makes their hightop, the ballet?

i believe they dont. www.borealusa.com wave.gif

You big Lummux, YES they do! I know because my high tops were ripped off. I tried to get Kaukulators but couldn't find them, didn't like the megas so ordered Boreal Ballet Gold from Feathered Friends. Go talk to Todd, he'll get you dialed. Not many other options I was able to find. wave.gif

Last time I was on Barrabes.com they had Boreal Ballet Gold for crazy cheap, something like $40 US.

Focus rocks when they're new...great edging shoe, but don't resole well (in my exp). Sportiva claimed to have changed the midsole after that, but who knows.

Only Kauks I had were the Kauk Drus, which are a wholer 'nother animal.