Why Men Die First

allthumbs

This is a question that has gone unanswered for centuries - but now we know....

If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race - you're a male chauvinist.

If you stay home and do the house work - you're a pansy.

If you work too hard - there is never any time for her.

If you don't work enough - you're a good for nothing bum.

If she has a boring, repetitive job with low pay - that is exploitation.

If you have a boring, repetitive job with low pay - you should get off your lazy ass and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her - that is favoritism.

If she gets promoted ahead of you - its equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks - it's sexual harassment.

If you keep quiet - it's male indifference.

If you cry - you're a wimp.

If you don't - you're an insensitive bastard.

If you appreciate the female form and frilly panties - you're a pervert.

If you don't - you're gay.

If you buy her flowers - you're up to something.

If you don't - you're not thoughtful.

If you're proud of your accomplishments - you're full of yourself.

If you're not - you're not ambitious.

If she has a headache - she is tired.

If you have a headache - you don't love her any more.

If you want it too often - you're oversexed.

If you don't - there has to be someone else.

Men die first because they want to.............

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here here, my good man! bigdrink.gif

I actually had a conversation with my recently-reclassified as "EX" girlfriend, about this shit.

The post-boomer generation has seen the momentum of the women's rights movement cause the pendulum to swing too far. It's reached the point that men can't be men. I don't mean crotch scratching, drinking out of the milk carton, grabbing the secretary's ass kind of BS. I mean shit like opening a door for a lady. We've got a generation of dudes who are neutered by the fear of lawsuits or other reprisals for the slightest transgression. We've tried to creat a sexless, merit based society, which ignores our basic hardwiring.

Here's an example: I grew up in the south, where you are taught to hold open doors for people (go ahead and get your southern jokes in). One day a few years ago, I approached a storefront and noticed two middle-aged ladies a few yards behind me approaching the same store. I open the door, stand back and hold it open for them. This is standard practice for me, just like the yes ma'am/no ma'am stuff to seniors. Bitch says to me "I'm perfectly capable of opening the door myself" My reply: "Well fuck you then you bitch, I was trying to be a nice guy, you fugly hag"

It's a no win situation. Another example:

I was taught that when walking with a lady several things are important:

1. On a sidewalk, you always walk on the curb side. Crossing the street, you walk on the left. (It's a protection thing)

2. Going up stairs, you walk behind. Going down stairs you walk in front. That way if she somehow falls, you can catch her, or she'll fall on you and not down the stairs.

It's simple, basically chivalrous behavior. A girl I was dating bitched about the stairs thing. Going up stairs... "are you trying to look at my ass or something", going down stairs..."why did you have to jump in front of me to go first? I'm not going to get lost going down the stairs"

Yet another example: Hottie coworker when I was in Oregon wears these sexy little outfits to work. Clearly she is wearing these clothes to be appealing to the opposite sex. One of my coworkers says something like "Jen, that dress looks great on you!". One of the other girls in the office started baggin on him as soon as he walked away..."that was inappopriate. He shouldn't be saying stuff like that in the office". Well, goddamn! If he can't compliment her, she shouldn't wear the shit.

Equal rights is one thing, ignoring our basic animal tendencies is another. Men are wired as the strong protectors and hunters. Women are wired as the domestic nestmakers, creating an environment conducive to creating and rearing offspring.

I don't mean men shouldn't do chores at home, and women should be housewives cooking and cleaning all day...that 1950s shit was lame too. I mean that it makes alot more sense for me to be changing the oil in the cars while the lady vaccums, and splitting the firewood while the lady cooks.

...can you tell I've got a little pent-up angst? I have recently become a free man again. bigdrink.gif

willstrickland said:

I actually had a conversation with my recently-reclassified as "EX" girlfriend, about this shit.

The post-boomer generation has seen the momentum of the women's rights movement cause the pendulum to swing too far. It's reached the point that men can't be men. I don't mean crotch scratching, drinking out of the milk carton, grabbing the secretary's ass kind of BS. I mean shit like opening a door for a lady. We've got a generation of dudes who are neutered by the fear of lawsuits or other reprisals for the slightest transgression. We've tried to creat a sexless, merit based society, which ignores our basic hardwiring.

Here's an example: I grew up in the south, where you are taught to hold open doors for people (go ahead and get your southern jokes in). One day a few years ago, I approached a storefront and noticed two middle-aged ladies a few yards behind me approaching the same store. I open the door, stand back and hold it open for them. This is standard practice for me, just like the yes ma'am/no ma'am stuff to seniors. Bitch says to me "I'm perfectly capable of opening the door myself" My reply: "Well fuck you then you bitch, I was trying to be a nice guy, you fugly hag"

1. On a sidewalk, you always walk on the curb side. Crossing the street, you walk on the left. (It's a protection thing)

2. Going up stairs, you walk behind. Going down stairs you walk in front. That way if she somehow falls, you can catch her, or she'll fall on you and not down the stairs.

It's simple, basically chivalrous behavior. A girl I was dating bitched about the stairs thing. Going up stairs... "are you trying to look at my ass or something", going down stairs..."why did you have to jump in front of me to go first? I'm not going to get lost going down the stairs"

Yet another example: Hottie coworker when I was in Oregon wears these sexy little outfits to work. Clearly she is wearing these clothes to be appealing to the opposite sex. One of my coworkers says something like "Jen, that dress looks great on you!". One of the other girls in the office started baggin on him as soon as he walked away..."that was inappopriate. He shouldn't be saying stuff like that in the office". Well, goddamn! If he can't compliment her, she shouldn't wear the shit.

Equal rights is one thing, ignoring our basic animal tendencies is another. Men are wired as the strong protectors and hunters. Women are wired as the domestic nestmakers, creating an environment conducive to creating and rearing offspring.

I don't mean men shouldn't do chores at home, and women should be housewives cooking and cleaning all day...that 1950s shit was lame too. I mean that it makes alot more sense for me to be changing the oil in the cars while the lady vaccums, and splitting the firewood while the lady cooks.

...can you tell I've got a little pent-up angst? I have recently become a free man again. bigdrink.gif

That confirms it! I do indeed have a crush wink.gif well said Will.

Dan_Harris said:

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifWill. What he said is not sexist or chauvanistic, it is called common courtesy. There seems to be terrible lack of it these days and the misinterpreting of common courtesy has led to less of it. A vicious cycle. Back to work. wave.gif

that is my #1 pet peeve about N.A. women. they can't take chivalry at face value. always think i am trying to belittle them or get in their pants. mabe the latter is true, but whatcanyado? cantfocus.gifbigdrink.gif

scott_harpell said:

Dan_Harris said:

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifWill. What he said is not sexist or chauvanistic, it is called common courtesy. There seems to be terrible lack of it these days and the misinterpreting of common courtesy has led to less of it. A vicious cycle. Back to work. wave.gif

that is my #1 pet peeve about N.A. women. they can't take chivalry at face value. always think i am trying to belittle them or get in their pants. mabe the latter is true, but whatcanyado? cantfocus.gifbigdrink.gif

Coming from generation "I don't give a fuck what you say, I'm doing it anyways!"

I would say that in the area I live in and within the same age bracket i'm in that 75% of the men treat women the way Will discribed, and about 75% of the women love it... But thats not true for everywhere.

trask said:

iain said:

I have a hard enough time just living day-to-day w/o remembering all this shit.

If you have to remember it, you'll never get it. You either have it, or you don't ... like common sense.

that is so totaly true. for some men treating a women well is like beathing. Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

It's a B-E-A-U-tiful day.............................................................................................................................................................................. Why is it that so many women like the bad boys that treat them like shit?

By the way, Will, the custom of walking on the outside on a sidewalk is not just from defending custom - which is based in medieval times - from the same period - it was to keep the woman from being doused when people emptied their chamber pots out the upper floor windows and into the gutter.

Goddamn, I sound like you know who, the human encyclopedia.

willstrickland said:

thumbs_up.gif will you go out with me yellaf.gif

Will, your mistake was not in opening the door for the lady. Your mistake was your reply when she said, "I can open it myself". The old woman was just being defensive about being perceived as frail when she thought of herself as fit. A gentleman would have kept his cool and said something like, "can't a man be gentleman these days?".