You know it's going to be a rough morning when...

catbirdseat

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

you see, tea, especialy green tea I believe, has more caffien and is more of a diaretic than coffee.

personally I drink herbal infusions fruit.giffruit.gif

Caffeine levels (in milligrams) of various beverages:

Coffee 80

Cola 45

Black Tea 40

Flavored Tea 40

Oolong Tea 30

Green Tea 20

White Tea 15

Decaf Tea 5-10

Herbal Tea 0

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you see, tea, especialy green tea I believe, has more caffien and is more of a diaretic than coffee.

personaly I drink herbal infusions fruit.giffruit.gif

From Celestial Seasonings webpage :

An average 6-oz. cup of green tea contains about 30 mg of caffeine. For comparison, coffee has about 100 mg per cup.

Black tea has around 50 mg (taken from a "Good Earth" box, which also has 30 mg for Green and 100 mg for Coffee, expect for an 8-oz cup.)

p.s. celestial seasons isn't real tea tongue.gif

Gonna have to disagree with you Muff. CS is largely responsible for herbal teas being popular in the states. Moe Siegel started the company handpicking herbs around Boulder. they may be a big faceless company now, but their origins are very humble. In fact it's got the whole Horatio Alger thing going on.

Lipton, now THAT'S not real tea.

Ursa_Eagle said:

It's just the site where I found the information in the best presented form. I prefer Stash myself, mainly because I dont' want to spend a fortune on both beer and tea.

If you change your mind and want to spend a lot of money on good tea...check out the Republic of Tea. Thier mission is to eliminate the word "coffee" from the english language. Yummy stuff. Especially the Lemon Wintergreen.

PROBLEM! You are throwing around quantities of caffeine in various drinks, with no reference to the quantity consumed.

No one drinks a little 250mL/8oz cup of coffee these days...

I would hope that the info in the post by bunglehead would at least be consistent, all coming from one place.

Yeah...average price a canister (25 teabags) is about $7.50. Got hooked back when I was a corporate desk jockey. You can get their teabags and loose tea in bulk at Whole Foods and some other natural foods stores. Much cheaper that way. Gets the price down to about $3.00 for 25 teabags. About the same price as Stash.

snoboy said:

PROBLEM! You are throwing around quantities of caffeine in various drinks, with no reference to the quantity consumed.

No one drinks a little 250mL/8oz cup of coffee these days...

I would hope that the info in the post by bunglehead would at least be consistent, all coming from one place.

Good point. The website I referenced for this makes no mention of this, so yeah that might not be reliable.

Here's a link which makes more sense. Tea link

bunglehead said:

Gonna have to disagree with you Muff. CS is largely responsible for herbal teas being popular in the states. Moe Siegel started the company handpicking herbs around Boulder. they may be a big faceless company now, but their origins are very humble. In fact it's got the whole Horatio Alger thing going on.

Lipton, now THAT'S not real tea.

the way I understand it is it is not "TEA" unless it contains actual TEA.. mint is not tea.. it is an herb. wink.gif

A man goes into a restaurant and is seated. All the waitresses are gorgeous. A particularly voluptuous waitress wearing a very short skirt and legs that won't quit came to his table and asked if he was ready to order, "What would you like, sir?"

He looks at the menu and then scans her beautiful frame top to bottom, then answers, "A quickie."

The waitress turns and walks away in disgust.

After she regains her composure she returns and asks again, "What would you like, sir?"

Again the man thoroughly checks her out and again answers, "A quickie, please."

This time her anger takes over, she reaches over and slaps him across the face with a resounding "SMACK!" and storms away.

A man sitting at the next table leans over and whispers, "Um, I think it's pronounced 'quiche'."

scott_harpell said:

gee I wonder what it says on the bulk tea....

neither are your "herbal infusions". rolleyes.gifyellaf.gif

take some earl grey and "infuse" a dab of patchouli until it tastes like ass and then you have "herbal infusion" tea

gawddam sstanky hippies. rolleyes.gif

yes scottie That was my POINT wink.gif lay of the weed bro.. you loosin' your edge wink.gif

scott_harpell said:

gee I wonder what it says on the bulk tea....

neither are your "herbal infusions". rolleyes.gifyellaf.gif

take some earl grey and "infuse" a dab of patchouli until it tastes like ass and then you have "herbal infusion" tea

gawddam sstanky hippies. rolleyes.gif

yes scottie That was my POINT wink.gif lay of the weed bro.. you loosin' your edge wink.gif

personaly I drink herbal infusions

raaaajt! i am smoking da weed. rolleyes.gifyellaf.gif

bunglehead said:

Coffee 80

Cola 45

Black Tea 40

Flavored Tea 40

Oolong Tea 30

Green Tea 20

White Tea 15

Decaf Tea 5-10

Herbal Tea 0

you know if you really let black tea steep for like 15 minutes or so be4 you drink it, it will have MORE caffeine than Coffee. the figure above is for taking the t-bag out after 2 or 3 minutes.

Dru said:

bunglehead said:

Coffee 80

Cola 45

Black Tea 40

Flavored Tea 40

Oolong Tea 30

Green Tea 20

White Tea 15

Decaf Tea 5-10

Herbal Tea 0

you know if you really let black tea steep for like 15 minutes or so be4 you drink it, it will have MORE caffeine than Coffee. the figure above is for taking the t-bag out after 2 or 3 minutes.

Yeah you can do that have yourself one nasty bitter tasting cup of tea.