Hero or Zero?

willstrickland

The best part of this whole f-in stupid argument is that Will admittedly placed one pin as well, so as far as I am concerned everything he said about climbing it clean is discredited. Maybe you were in over your head?

Get over your lost gear buddy.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DONT THINK WILL IS BENT OVER LOSING THE GEAR. I THINK HE IS BENT OVER HOW RICHARD REGARDED HIM OVER PUBLIC AIRWAYS. HOW HE WAS GOING TO SCREW HIM OVER....WITH THE GEAR. ONE THING TO SAY IT IN THE PRIVATE, BUT ANOTHER TO ANNOUCE IT OVER A PUBLIC AIRWAVE SYSTEM.....ESPECIALLY NOW A DAYS SINCE JUST ABOUT EVERY YAHOO OUT THERE HAS ONE OF THOSE LITTLE FRS RADIOS....

EITHER WAY...........................

AND DARIN......MY BEEF IS WITH THE WAY PETE TREATS WOMEN. I HAVE HAD TWO FRIENDS TO WHOM HE EXPOSED HIMSELF TOO AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD LIKE FOR HIM TO PHOTOGRPAH THEM NAKED. THESE WERE UNWARRENTED ADVACES TOWARDS THE WOMEN. THAT MAKES ME FUCKING SICK.

erik said:

I DONT THINK WILL IS BENT OVER LOSING THE GEAR. I THINK HE IS BENT OVER HOW RICHARD REGARDED HIM OVER PUBLIC AIRWAYS. HOW HE WAS GOING TO SCREW HIM OVER....WITH THE GEAR. ONE THING TO SAY IT IN THE PRIVATE, BUT ANOTHER TO ANNOUCE IT OVER A PUBLIC AIRWAVE SYSTEM.....ESPECIALLY NOW A DAYS SINCE JUST ABOUT EVERY YAHOO OUT THERE HAS ONE OF THOSE LITTLE FRS RADIOS....

EITHER WAY...........................

AND DARIN......MY BEEF IS WITH THE WAY PETE TREATS WOMEN. I HAVE HAD TWO FRIENDS TO WHOM HE EXPOSED HIMSELF TOO AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD LIKE FOR HIM TO PHOTOGRPAH THEM NAKED. THESE WERE UNWARRENTED ADVACES TOWARDS THE WOMEN. THAT MAKES ME FUCKING SICK.

Erik,

Explain to me how that is worse than what Will is doing with this thread by publicly bashing ricardo. As I understand it Ricardo was discussing this one other person over a radio, yet Will is bashing this guy on the internet, even after he got his gear back anyways. What is the purpose of that? That is complete f-in asshole in my book to rail on someone over the internet.

jdog

i dont think will ever inteded to have ricardo to read this...tho he should have realized that this is the internet and shit like that does happen. notice will never mentioned any names until ricardo came on the scene.........

so i would say will was more attempting to vent his frustrations over the situation...and it got out of hand cc.com style......

whom ever minotaur is on rc.com is an asshole. fuck you minotaur!!! the_finger.gif

This conversation is no longer vehement enough. We need to all step back a bit, focus our rage, and dive back in. boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

Dickardo's mentality would make it OK for me to nail Exasperator if I felt like it. Sure, he did a VI solo, for his first big wall, but IMHO, he didn't do it in the best style.

Anyone with a hammer can bash their way up anything, given enough time. What about the challange of bettering the style? What about the purity of a clean ascent? What about the satisfaction of working past a grim section clean, where others nailed?

If the techniques didn't evolve, and people didn't REALLY PUSH to do the route as clean as possible, every route would become a bashed-out mess.

Dick-not-hard-o's ascent wasn't about the climbing, it was about the climb. Now he's got a big trophy he can call "Zodiac". yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif I'd rather bail.

Necronomicon said:

Dickardo's mentality would make it OK for me to nail Exasperator if I felt like it.

Fifteen pins on 3000 feet that 2 people have freed is equivalent to nailing a 100 foot Disneyland popular 5.9 finger crack?

"Sure, he did a VI solo, for his first big wall, but IMHO, he didn't do it in the best style."

Sad. No Necro seal of approval. Perhaps he will try again, and maybe someday attain this lofty status.

"Anyone with a hammer can bash their way up anything, given enough time."

You're sounding a bit like Dwayner and 5.14. Why don't you go solo Zodiac first and revisit this statement?

"What about the challange of bettering the style? What about the purity of a clean ascent? What about the satisfaction of working past a grim section clean, where others nailed?"

It seems clear that he overcame a significant challenge.

"If the techniques didn't evolve, and people didn't REALLY PUSH to do the route as clean as possible, every route would become a bashed-out mess."

I would certainly agree with you here if this were respect to your Exasperator example, but on a 3000-foot wall route? Shit. I'll bet there's way more alteration going on nowadays by people trying to "free" those routes. How many fixed pieces did the Hubers leave?

"Dick-not-hard-o's ascent wasn't about the climbing, it was about the climb. Now he's got a big trophy he can call "Zodiac". yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif I'd rather bail."

So your not going to send him your underwear or anything? I guess he's really going to be sad frown.gif.

Really, I see the only possible problem here is that he might have damaged the stone. All this other crap about whether or not Ricardo has the right to feel happy about his ascent is just that.

RicardoLagos said:

-- i stuck my neck out as far as i could, and have no shame in whatever style i chose to use to climb any of those pitches.

clean climbing is a nice goal -- and i'm sure some of my future ascents will be climbed cleaner .. but in this case -- those pins were neccesary for me to continue.

..Zodiac is NOT a clean route .. the supertaco says so.. :-)

.. news flash.. thats not the way the world works .. you dont have to live up to other people's standards .. set your own -- be comfortable with them .. and go for them ..

I am perfectly comfortable nailing the second pitch of exasperator. The pins are necessary for me to ascend. The topo I have says I'll need pins for the second pitch. I need to get to the top. Seeing as I haven't aid climbed in a while, I'll be sticking my neck out. Dick-not-large-o tells me I can, because it's OK with me, fuck the rest of the COMMUNITY. FUCK YOU!!

That's what I'm reading here. Granted, I cut out a lot of his apologistic ramblings, but I feel that this is the rotten meat of his attitude.

erik said:

WELL IF HE MEANT FREE LIKE YOUR MOMMA THEN I COULD UNDERSTAND SINCE SHE IS THE EVERETT TRADE ROUTE!!!

hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gif

BUT HE MEANT CLEAN LIKE MY MOMMA!! NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DO!!!

fruit.gifhahaha.gif

i nailed yo mama last night, believe me she don't go clean boxing_smiley.gif

Shit CBS. We've all already got our knots figured out. We are each perfectly clear about our preferences with respect to cordelettes and rabbit runners, about our racking procedures, and in which cases double-rope technique is preferable. We have mastered fall-factor calculations. So now...what else is there to BS about except ethics?

Surely you don't expect me to stoop to posting in that smiley thread?

Dave_Schuldt said:

This reminds me of all the shit and second guesing that ehmmic got for putting a few pins in Green Dragon so she could bail.

Instead of bolt wars we have aid ethics wars. Who will be the Dwayner of aid climbing?

No need to dredge that up again Dave. I feel Ricardo's pain... confused.gif

As for nominations...it's a toss up between Glassgowkiss and Necro. Or are they the same person? yellaf.gif

what does the bible of NW mountaineering say on the topic you ask?

"Aid climbing takes a lot of gear, but it needn’t be damaging to the rock. With all the chocks and camming devices on the market, you now have a better chance to climb routes clean, without putting in a single piton or bolt. The chocks and other devices can be removed without defacing the rock, and the next climber won’t even be able to tell you were there."

what does the Candian Mountaineering Handbook say anyhow?

dberdinka said:

Necro's a wanker-ass piece-of-shit who really doesn't know WTF he's talking about. I'm guessing his greatest accomplishment is a 4 hour-clean-ascent of City Park. Way to go shit stick!

Stick to doing your approaches and bails with your little butt-buddy Layton.

My greatest accomplishment will be my upcoming all-angles aid solo of every finger crack in Squamish. It's my dream, and you'll have to learn to live with it.