• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JoshK said:

Dru said:

RuMR said:

Dru...you ever post anything remotely serious? ever?

thats what I use and it works for me!

5'11 1/2"

160lbs

12% body fat

fruit.gif

nearly 6' and only 160lb? damn dood, hit the weight room! wink.gif

training is a waste of time you could be climbing in wave.gif

Yeah I wish I was like rumr and weighed in at about 130, then I'd be a climbing badass!!!

I'm 5'10" 148, and there is no reason to hit the weight room! you don't need pumping iron muscles, you need climbing muscles. All these huge dudes come into the gym at western and can't climb a thing. All about the certain muscles

AmberBuxom said:

DAILY: multi-vitamin without added iron. glucosamine. vitamin e from vegetable oil. fish oil. caffeine.

rhodiola rosea on occasion.

works for me.

btw listing your height weight and % body fat is stupid. so is dissing weight lifting and other supplementary forms of training. the_finger.gif

i am stupid, but i just made up my body fat% suckas.

i do have a 30 inch waist though the_finger.gif but i wear size 40 pants to look dope like flava flav

RuMR said:

So...break w/ the secrets! Anybody using Colgan's info?? Anybody??

If you are eating a well balanced diet and include MANY of the different colors of vegetables and fruits, you shouldn't need to spend money on supplements. Except maybe a multivitamin. Or calcium if you're a woman.

Overloading on specific supplements can create a lot of really expensive pee and poop. And some supplements can also create health problems (BTW creatine is one of them). Not sure what that guy has to say specifically on the subject, but you can literally flush a lot of dough chasing the supplement-yourself-to-get-the-body-you-want dream.

5'8" 138 lbs

4% body fat

28" waist

Weekdays

breakfast: yogurt,toast w/butter and jam,2 bowls lucky charms with rice milk, 2 cups coffee

Lunch:peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple, fruit snax,candy bar

Dinner:sausage or pasta,2 beers,salad w/blue cheese dressing

Weekends:

Breakfast:lucky charms, or blueplate special at greesy diner

Lunch:nothing, or shitloads of candybars/powerbars and jerky

Dinner: whatevers fried and contains cheese, or couscous and tuna. lots n' lots of beer or scotch

# of supplements: none

ehmmic said:

RuMR said:

So...break w/ the secrets! Anybody using Colgan's info?? Anybody??

If you are eating a well balanced diet and include MANY of the different colors of vegetables and fruits, you shouldn't need to spend money on supplements. Except maybe a multivitamin. Or calcium if you're a woman.

Overloading on specific supplements can create a lot of really expensive pee and poop. And some supplements can also create health problems (BTW creatine is one of them). Not sure what that guy has to say specifically on the subject, but you can literally flush a lot of dough chasing the supplement-yourself-to-get-the-body-you-want dream.

don't a lot of women need iron too? anemia seems a common complaint. more HCL.gif and cheeburga_ron.gif give lots of iron wink.gif

Yes, some (primarily vegetarians) need iron supplements during the time in their life where they are having monthly reproductive cycles. But if a woman eats a well-balanced diet they can generally get eough iron through dietary sources or by cooking in cast iron.

With calcium that can be different unless you eat a lot of dairy products. Some of us just can't stomach the stuff.

AmberBuxom said:

DAILY: multi-vitamin without added iron. glucosamine. vitamin e from vegetable oil. fish oil. caffeine.

rhodiola rosea on occasion.

works for me.

btw listing your height weight and % body fat is stupid. so is dissing weight lifting and other supplementary forms of training. the_finger.gif

Why do you take Rhodiola? How did you even hear about it, it'a pretty obscure little supplement.

5'10" and 170-175 equilibrium weight.

I've been able to hone my physique to perfection by using the "Eat Whatever the Hell You Can Get Your Hands On That's Cheap" diet coupled with the "Workout at Random Intervals When You Have the Time" program.

jon said:

What health problem does creatine cause besides gaining 8 pounds of water?

Excessive dehydration if you don't drink a lot of water with it. If I remember the discussion from my nutrition class last winter correctly, a few body builders' and I thought a football player's deaths were linked to its use.