Drinking Beer on Rappel

Formaldehead

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would help the impact resistance, sort of like those big water ballon barriers they have at freeway offramps. As for the balance, I think it would be quite important to have the two beer placements at symmetric postitions on the helmet. Of greatest importance is two straws so that the volumes (and thus weights) of the cans remain equalized.

This is all pretty common sense really, and I'm not sure you need any of this explained to you.

What I am interested in hearing about is smoking on rappel. Which hand do you hold the lighter in? How about when the roach gets really small?

Formaldehead said:

Do you hold your beer in your control hand, so that you can only drink at the rap stations, or do your hold it in the other hand, and schoon all the way down? I'm just wondering what the safest technique is. catbirdseat?

I never learned how to do it properly. I'm waiting for mattp to show me how. grin.gif

Al_Pine said:

I think it would help the impact resistance, sort of like those big water ballon barriers they have at freeway offramps. As for the balance, I think it would be quite important to have the two beer placements at symmetric postitions on the helmet. Of greatest importance is two straws so that the volumes (and thus weights) of the cans remain equalized.

This is all pretty common sense really, and I'm not sure you need any of this explained to you.

nice try....but the added weight of the liquid on your helmet could create a lethal amount of momentum should you slip or flip over backwards. Picture an infant taking it's first steps...essentially a tiny body taking it's huge head out for a walk. Best to stick with a Camelback, or a platypus in a fanny pack.

I was on a caving trip in WV and we came across an english fellow with a custom device he had named the "Rappel Stein". Pretty much a steel biner welded to a steel beer stein. Theory is you wrap the rope around it like a drum brake. He was still working the bugs out like the fact that the beer is warmed by the time you reach the bottom.

I'm usually wasted and out of supplies by the time I start rappeling... ahhh which brings up a fine point... I'm still searching for that perfect partner who will bring/give me some of their "stash", gun up the hard shit, go EXACTLY where I want to go, climb only what I want to climb, and preferably have a fine female figure. Any takers? bigdrink.gif

slaphappy said:

I'm usually wasted and out of supplies by the time I start rappeling... ahhh which brings up a fine point... I'm still searching for that perfect partner who will bring/give me some of their "stash", gun up the hard shit, go EXACTLY where I want to go, climb only what I want to climb, and preferably have a fine female figure. Any takers? bigdrink.gif

damn it! i was yer girl right up to the part about gunning up the hard shit. tongue.gif

minx said:

slaphappy said:

damn it! i was yer girl right up to the part about gunning up the hard shit. tongue.gif

Oh, I'll still step up to the plate... bigdrink.gif

fruit.gif