I know what you did last summer.

wayne

If you belittle TR's (which noone here admits to doing), or if you belittle the very thought of someone actually wanting to post a trip report of something as lowly as [insert climb that is casual for you here], then you are discouraging further TR's from being posted.

That's all. I think people do like TR's. I don't think I'm making that up. I think that if people want more of them, then they have to suffer through the bad ones and try to redirect that oh-so-clever quip to another thread.

How profound. rolleyes.gif Have you found anyone here who disagrees with that?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You call me elitist and condescending, rob bob, and a self-appointed minister. However, I didn't cast aspersions about your character, but instead attemped to directly address the points made by you, dru, or whoever else debated my position here - while virtually none of you guys has really tried to address my arguments head-on. I guess that is elitist, huh?

I'm sorry you don't like my Rumsfeldian focus group. Would you like me to circulate an internet petition or start collecting notarized affidavits?

mattp said:

You call me elitist and condescending, rob bob, and a self-appointed minister, robbob. However, I didn't cast aspersions about your character, but instead attemped to directly address the points made by you, dru, or whoever else debated my position here - while virtually none of you guys has really tried to address my arguments head-on. I guess that is elitist, huh?

I'm sorry you don't like my Rumsfeldian focus group. Would you like me to circulate an internet petition or start collecting notarized affidavits?

-. rolleyes.gif

mattp said:

You call me elitist and condescending, rob bob, and a self-appointed minister, robbob. However, I didn't cast aspersions about your character, but instead attemped to directly address the points made by you, dru, or whoever else debated my position here - while virtually none of you guys has really tried to address my arguments head-on. I guess that is elitist, huh?

Your honor! I object!

score two points for brevity, mattp, but minus three for the old "you called me names, but I didn't..." tactic.

If you want to battle it out with dicknose over who can get in the last word about which one of you has a bigger schlong, go for it. But do it in Spray and don't whine if I or somebody else joins your thread to say you are pathetic.

You don't find me comparing schlong size, nor do you find me pissing all over a TR, as you suggested in your post. However, you are attempting to impose your idea of culture on the group here, whereas I am not.

RobBob said:

If you belittle TR's (which noone here admits to doing), or if you belittle the very thought of someone actually wanting to post a trip report of something as lowly as [insert climb that is casual for you here], then you are discouraging further TR's from being posted.

That's all. I think people do like TR's. I don't think I'm making that up. I think that if people want more of them, then they have to suffer through the bad ones and try to redirect that oh-so-clever quip to another thread.

How profound. rolleyes.gif Have you found anyone here who disagrees with that?

Fuck!? confused.gif What are you trying to get at here? You mad cause I called you a dumbass so you're insulting me by dissing my lack of subtlety? yellaf.gif

RobBob said:

you are attempting to impose your idea of culture on the group here, whereas I am not.

Correction. I am acknowledging the fact that I am overtly trying to do so. Those who fight the good fight in defense of spray, or those who simply like to propogate combative rhetoric or keep the one-liner flame alive or who proclaim their sense of outrage at somebody's cheast-beating trip report are just as actively imposing their sense of culture on other board users but they just aren't as clearly acknowledging it.

Culture is not what one person says in an agument in the spray forum. The culture of this site is the sum total of what goes on here.

mattp said:

The culture of this site is the sum total of what goes on

here.

then the unnamed silent masses who have appealed to you

privately that they'd would contribute except that they are

skeered of the naughty words blush.gif would do well to actually

speak up and add to the sum total and maybe they will push

the average tone away from the spray and towards the

non-stupid serious discussions that you prefer.

You know that cat-poster philosophy "Be The Change You Seek In The World"

They probably would do well, fern, and who knows - they might even have more to add than you might think from all the sneering about how wimpy and pathetic and nonexistent these folks are according to those who are debating with me in this thread. That enlightened future is ahead of us but, for now, I am the lone voice of civility and sanity in a wilderness of humiliation and hate.

Well, er, ... Al Pine likes me, anyway. I think. Don't you Al Pine?