Why is baby Orca So Aggro These Days?

Dru

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Communicating with Emotional Integrity

If you respond to stress or conflict with an ingrained pattern that includes avoidance, anger, or denial, etc., it can get in the way of effective communication, distancing you even further from your partner. Dr. Phil suggests using the steps below in order to communicate with emotional integrity.

Give or receive input.

Be open to receiving input from your partner. You have to be willing to test and be tested. You don't have to say everything you're thinking, but everything you do say has to be accurate. If your partner asks you if you're upset, and you are, you have to be willing to say, "Yes." It's important that both partners know they are going to be told the truth.

Reflect content and feelings.

After receiving input from your partner, verify that what you are hearing is what your partner is actually saying. You've got to say, "What I hear from you content-wise is..." Then, to make sure you understand what he/she is feeling, you can say something like, "The feeling I'm getting from you is resentment/anger/hurt, etc."

Accept Feedback and Respond.

If you are the person who is giving the input, you have to clarify things if your partner isn't hearing what you are honestly trying to say. If you are the person receiving the input, you can respond once you know what you are responding to. Now that you are clear on what your partner is really saying, you can accept the feedback.

Stay in the moment.

Stay with the issues at hand. Do not discuss past history at any time during this process.

Do not leave.

Do not leave the discussion until it is completed. To keep it from dragging on, you can negotiate a time limit beforehand so that both of you know how long the conversation will last.

erik said:

MY FUCKING PROBLEM IS SO MANY OF YOU PEOPLE ARE COMPLETE FUCKING INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLES. ATTEMPTING TO POSE YOUR FUCKING RETARDED BRAND OF HUMOR ON FUCKING EVERYTHING. YOU ALL REMIND ME OF MALE DOGS, SPRAYING THEIR SCENT EVERYWHERE TO INCREAS THEIR TERRITORY. WELL I AM SICK OF IT AND I DONT GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE.

TRASK YOU RUIN MORE FUCKING TOPICS THEN ANYONE ELSE EVEN POSTS, DRUL YOU TOO. YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE TO BE RIGHT, YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE TO INTERJECT A FUCKING COMMENT ON EVER FUCKING TOPIC.

SO FUCK OFF AND YOU ALL KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT

EVERYONE MAYBE I WILL SEE YOU OUT CLIMBING.

cunt.

babnik said:

erik said:

MY FUCKING PROBLEM IS SO MANY OF YOU PEOPLE ARE COMPLETE FUCKING INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLES. ATTEMPTING TO POSE YOUR FUCKING RETARDED BRAND OF HUMOR ON FUCKING EVERYTHING. YOU ALL REMIND ME OF MALE DOGS, SPRAYING THEIR SCENT EVERYWHERE TO INCREAS THEIR TERRITORY. WELL I AM SICK OF IT AND I DONT GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE.

TRASK YOU RUIN MORE FUCKING TOPICS THEN ANYONE ELSE EVEN POSTS, DRUL YOU TOO. YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE TO BE RIGHT, YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE TO INTERJECT A FUCKING COMMENT ON EVER FUCKING TOPIC.

SO FUCK OFF AND YOU ALL KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT

EVERYONE MAYBE I WILL SEE YOU OUT CLIMBING.

cunt.

Touche! yelrotflmao.gif

catbirdseat said:

You never know with erik. He's a deep thinker. He is always several steps ahead of us. Just when we think we've figured him out, he has already moved on. That's what he was doing at that stop light- out thinking us.

Dude, you obviously don't know Erik that well. "Deep thinker" and the amount of green he imbibes do more than cancel each other out. I figure his girl found a guy that actually is going somewhere with his life and he's feeling inadequate. How are the Krispy Kreme's Baby Orca?

incubus said:

This thread is funny. I occasionally wear my girlfriend's underwear. You know, like poker night with the fellas, it's fun to be at the table smoking a cigar, sipping some Jack, and wearing satin panties and a nipple-less bra. Hehehehe thumbs_up.gif

Doesn't the thong pull your ass hairs?

Greg_W said:

incubus said:

This thread is funny. I occasionally wear my girlfriend's underwear. You know, like poker night with the fellas, it's fun to be at the table smoking a cigar, sipping some Jack, and wearing satin panties and a nipple-less bra. Hehehehe thumbs_up.gif

No silly, I shave. rolleyes.gif

incubus said:

Greg_W said:

incubus said:

Oh, right. Forgot. Why not wax? Those Brazilians are a wonder at that. thumbs_up.gif

Greg_W said:

incubus said:

Greg_W said:

incubus said:

Oh, right. Forgot. Why not wax? Those Brazilians are a wonder at that. thumbs_up.gif

I tried that once but it burnt my tender nads. blush.gif