jordop

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stay away from G3 skins until they prove they know how to make glue- this is the sticking point that makes and breaks glue-

and the probe recall was mostly over forgetting to tie a know in the body cord of the avalanche probes, talk about poor QC-

and as to ascension skins, both purple and cowprint, the purple has a more durable backing, ther cow print lighter weight- aside from connection, this is largely the difference between the glidelight and the ascension standard

Beck said:

stay away from G3 skins until they prove they know how to make glue- this is the sticking point that makes and breaks glue-

That's a great quote there Beck.

I've found the cowjobs to be as durable as the better of my pairs of purple Ascension's, and signifigantly better than the pair of Kicker Ascension's I got - the glue quality sucked. I also found I liked the glue on the cowjobs better for standard Northwest conditions.

The cowprints were designed and originally made by the same guy who designed the original piece of shit G3 skins.

G3 is crap. They're bindings are pieces of shit, they're probes are pieces of shit, and their skins are pieces of shit. The fact that this company is still in business shows how consumer oriented the outdoor industry has become. Instead of buying shit that lasts a lifetime, people buy shit that looks cool.

Good info to have on the G3's and the cowskins. I was pretty much set on buying the cowskins after reading the skin reviews on Offpiste.com, but this pretty much seals the deal. They will have to kill a couple of artificial cows to furnish all of the material necessary to cover the 112mm shovels that the new boards are packing up front....

thanks for the real deal on g3 skins. but i love my targas. i broke 3 pair of rainey shiiittiloops, and various other bindings. so far 3 hard years incl bumps and ice, deep pow etc and noooo problem with g3 bindings.

my .02.

now for a pair of skis that will handle bumps well (soft tip) and moderately wide with even overall flex for powder. any suggestions? i am leaning towards the k2 superstinx 180cm (i'm 5'9", 165lbs).

Gotta say that my experience with G3 bindings have been good, used them for three seasons now on multiple pairs of skis and never broken a single part, although I have seen a broken G3 toe bar before on a friend's ski.

I've used G3 skins for two seasons, no real complaints by me, I definitely think that Ascensions have better grip and glide ( I have some Ascensions for my skinnier boards) but not by much...and my G3 skins are 90mm wide at the waist so with that much coverage even a crappy skin is going to climb like a 4x4. Regarding the glue, after one spring of touring my G3 skins were so covered in pine needles and grime that I cooked and scraped off all the original glue and replaced it with Ascension glue.

...At least the G3 binding doesn't consistently self destruct like Black Diamond's Pitbull, Skyhoy, and O2 binders... just my two cents.