Rock climbing is cool

EWolfe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter_Puget said:

Al we are saying is give spray free a chance!

Don't misunderstand me -- if you can make some headway toward cutting out the juvenile spew and antabonistic rhetoric from even a tiny slice of the board, I'm all for it. I'm just questioning what it is that is to be expected of the NEW ROCKCLIMBING FORUM and, in the case of Dwayner, I wonder if he may be receiving special treatment.

mattp said:

The description on the main board says it is a forum for discussing the joys of rock climbing with Peter Puget.

we can revise as we proceed, no?

PP was the staunchest advocate of this forum...it was a tongue in cheek tip of the hat to him, i think?

Interesting little commentaries.

Erik: my convictions are not outdated just because you and many others might not like them . There are actually quite a few that agree with me.....the controvesy still exists. Just because more bolts are placed everyday doesn't mean it's a correct thing to do.

Erik and MattP: You have no idea how much I climb or don't climb; I don't climb with either of you. As a matter of fact, I am quite active although you won't usually find me at Exit 38 , Little Si or Vantage.

Cracked: are you a member of the "tone police"? Do you have an opinion of your own on the subject other than that you don't like mine? Look around you, pal...look all over this site and view the sheer quantity of drivel....YOUR'S INCLUDED. Interesting that you feel that you can claim to speak for so many.

You, like everyone else, can see the name "Dwayner" or "Trask" or "MattP" or "Beck" or whoever else you might despise this week and scroll right on by!

Peter Puget.....you wanted a Rock Climbing Forum and now you got one. If you think unpopular opinions or comments on the subject belong in Spray, then get the site-owners to make you a Mighty Moderator and you cut out all the comments you don't like. Yee ha!

- Dwayner

Dwayner,

Have you ever had a post that only included information on a specific route (i haven't publicly) or a request for information (I have)?

I think that is what the point of this forum is...your buddy Pope has presented information...just recently he posted route info recommending that a certain line, even if 5.9, should not be attempted by fledgling 5.9 leaders...that is what this forum should be...

Erik's (despite being a mod) post slamming you is an example of a post that should be relocated...

My $0.02 and it's not even worth that...

Edited by RuMR

Dwayner said:

Cracked: are you a member of the "tone police"? Do you have an opinion of your own on the subject other than that you don't like mine? Look around you, pal...look all over this site and view the sheer quantity of drivel....YOUR'S INCLUDED. Interesting that you feel that you can claim to speak for so many.

Do I have an opinion on bolt placement and sport climbing? I sure do, and I've stated it and why I feel that way many times. My beef with your anti-bolt posts is that you rarely, if ever, make a coherent argument. I still haven't figured out what your opinion on bolting is other than "sport climbers are gay" and "bolts suck". Give a reasonable argument that's well-thought out, and I'll listen. Up to now, though, I don't see any reason to take you seriously.

I make it a point to include some thoughtful replies occationally, not just spray. You, on the other hand, don't seem to do this.

Ahoy! as you'd say. Sport climbing is here to stay, and I'll enjoy it as long as it stays at sport crags. wave.gif

BTW, yes, there is a lot of spray on this site, but does that mean that you have to spray exclusively? I think not.

Peter_Puget said:It’s up to the powers that be and all of us to make this forum what it will become.

Exactly. This forum was not created as an administrator's mandate, but was more of a grassroots proposal, and while it is not PP's forum, he was the primary lobbyist, and the format is still open to discussion. I for one am appreciating and digesting everyone's input, and expect that Erik and I will generate some formal guidelines that we'll post as a sticky on top.

Off_White said:

Peter_Puget said:It’s up to the powers that be and all of us to make this forum what it will become.

Exactly. This forum was not created as an administrator's mandate, but was more of a grassroots proposal, and while it is not PP's forum, he was the primary lobbyist, and the format is still open to discussion. I for one am appreciating and digesting everyone's input, and expect that Erik and I will generate some formal guidelines that we'll post as a sticky on top.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif