i'm so confused by coffee

minx

murraysovereign said:

MisterE said:

I am so confused by coffee cuz sometimes it makes me sleepy confused.gif

WTF is up with that? wazzup.gif

I've experienced that, back in the college days drinking coffee pretty much non-stop during term paper/ final exam crunch. After you take in enough caffeine, I think your system finally just rebels and shuts down. Maybe a self-defense mechanism so you pass out before you can kill yourself?

In children caffiene paradoxically acts as a sedative. Perhaps you were acting particularly childish that day?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bunglehead said:

In children caffiene paradoxically acts as a sedative. Perhaps you were acting particularly childish that day?

I smell a million dollar opportunity: Starbucks, Jr.

We could serve them espressos in little animal shaped cups!

AWESOME rockband.gif

shocked.gif and stunt their growth???? shocked.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif

bunglehead said:

We'll put growth Hormones in the drinks! And Anti-oxidants! But we'll call it "super power powder" or some shizzy likte that. Man it'll be like taking candy from a baby!! SWEEET!!!

or just put power gels in the cups wink.gif

mothboy88 said:

bunglehead said:

and pharmaceutical Cocaine. Kids love that shit. thumbs_up.gif

Funny you should bring that up. Cocaine is another paradoxical drug. Natives in South America will have their little kids chew on Coca leaves to calm them down.

Allright that's it! The Cocaine is back in the coffee!

Sorry , Muff!

smirk.gif

mothboy88 said:

murraysovereign said:

MisterE said:

I am so confused by coffee cuz sometimes it makes me sleepy confused.gif

WTF is up with that? wazzup.gif

I've experienced that, back in the college days drinking coffee pretty much non-stop during term paper/ final exam crunch. After you take in enough caffeine, I think your system finally just rebels and shuts down. Maybe a self-defense mechanism so you pass out before you can kill yourself?

It is my understanding that apart from the caffiene, coffee has some trace chemicals that provide some very mild euphoric feelings and can be mentally relaxing. Furthermore, I have heard that caffine has a threshold amount below which it does not act as a stimulant. That amount is about 225 mg for a typical person...about a cup and a half of moderate strength Aribica.

I can't site my reference nor do I know if this is really true, But I have done some experimenting and it seems to work.

One Spanish Coffee...puts you to sleep.

Two Spanish Coffees..keeps you up

Four Spanish Coffees..You blow chunks!

Dave_Schuldt said:

STARBUCKS = CHARBUCKS. Did anyone see the Seattles' Best Coffee ad with thier cup in focus in the forground and a Starbucks cup out of focus in the backround with the slogan "Overcome bitterness"? yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

So is there nothing to the rumour that S'bucks owns SBC??? hahaha.gif

Dave_Schuldt said:

STARBUCKS = CHARBUCKS. Did anyone see the Seattles' Best Coffee ad with thier cup in focus in the forground and a Starbucks cup out of focus in the backround with the slogan "Overcome bitterness"? yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Nice. SBC sold out, what, about ten years ago? They wish their coffee was half as good as [prefix of your choice]bucks.

On a side note, persons shopping at Whole Foods market are hereby advised to try Allegro coffee. Fair Trade and/or organic, quite tasty, and the name can be conveniently shortened to A'gro. Yummers. bigdrink.gif

minx said:

i just got back from lunch and the restaurant was offering coffee jello for dessert!?!? this doesn't sound remotely appetizing. jello comes in colors not flavors doesn't? wink.gif and who wants to eat brown?

have your really thought about other foods you eat and what they resemble? gravy or mole sauce or a baby ruth bar. tapioca? brown jello is fuckin tame.