greenback03

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

greenback03 said:

What are some of your ideas, and or experiences, on something to sit on while glissading on the snow, down the mountain.

just a guess, but say, oh... your ass? rolleyes.gif

Crikey, if it ain't skis, a snowboard, or a parapente, why the phuq would you want to haul any more shite up there than you really need to?

i saw a picture once of some stupid cordura glissading shorts you could weare over your polypro, or over your goretex bibs, to keep the more valuable/erodable material dry & intact wave.gif

they make you look like even more of a fool than most of the shorts over poly crowd too wave.gifwave.gifwazzup.gifblush.gif

Dru said:

i saw a picture once of some stupid cordura glissading shorts you could weare over your polypro, or over your goretex bibs, to keep the more valuable/erodable material dry & intact wave.gif

they make you look like even more of a fool than most of the shorts over poly crowd too wave.gifwave.gifwazzup.gifblush.gif

frown.gif My mom says I'm cool... cry.gif

Kiwi said:

Dru said:

Yeah, but she has to. She's your mom! yellaf.gif

Kiwi said:

Dru said:

thats not what she told me last night smirk.gif

Dru said:

One of my buddies had some of these. He looked like an idiot.

glissade shorts

JoshK said:

Jeezus, those are retarted. I can't imagine carrying an extra pound just to glissade with. If you are really worried about it bring a hefty tough sac or two. thumbs_up.gif

Word. I brought a small plastic garbage back with me on glacier, punched two leg-holes through the bottom, and rocketed down the glissade chutes without trashing my pants.... fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

JayB said:

JoshK said:

Jeezus, those are retarted. I can't imagine carrying an extra pound just to glissade with. If you are really worried about it bring a hefty tough sac or two. thumbs_up.gif

Word. I brought a small plastic garbage back with me on glacier, punched two leg-holes through the bottom, and rocketed down the glissade chutes without trashing my pants.... fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Yup...diaper style! hahaha.gif

Trash compactor bags are tougher than regular garbage bags. The first time I climbed Hood, I took a round pizza baking sheet with me. It didn't work that much better than my ass.

These days, I just glissade in my pants (usually schoeller) and have never had any rips, just a wedgie!