Ran over a duck today

allthumbs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can top that trask. Years ago, racing in on a 40 ft sailboat out of Newport Beach, we struck a baby grey whale with the keel. Coincidentally, a dead baby whale was reported in the vicinity later that week. Although it was a baby, it was still 20 ft long and gave quite a jolt to the boat when we struck.

I once ran over a ground squirrel on my bike. It darted out in front of me. I had no chance to avoid it. My kids were with me and thought I did it on purpose. It was difficult to convince them it was an accident, which it was. cry.gif

Yeah, well this one time, while cutting dead limbs out of a tree, I cut a squirrel's head off with a chainsaw. I noticed the bar on my chainsaw turn red, but I didn't think too much of it till the guys on the ground started pointing at it and me and laughing.

AlpineK said:

Yeah, well this one time, while cutting dead limbs out of a tree, I cut a squirrel's head off with a chainsaw. I noticed the bar on my chainsaw turn red, but I didn't think too much of it till the guys on the ground started pointing at it and me and laughing.

Right after that AK started watching "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" religiously. evils3d.gif

i was once in africa using a flame thrower to clear brush when i accidentally set fire to herd of wildabeasts who then stampeded onfire towards a bunch of elephants who then ran amuck impaling lions and ostriches on thier tusks. some mongooses and other small animals died in the ruckus.

gregm said:

i was once in africa using a flame thrower to clear brush when i accidentally set fire to herd of wildabeasts who then stampeded onfire towards a bunch of elephants who then ran amuck impaling lions and ostriches on thier tusks. some mongooses and other small animals died in the ruckus.

Were you later sanctioned by PETA? yellaf.gif

catbirdseat said:

I can top that trask. Years ago, racing in on a 40 ft sailboat out of Newport Beach, we struck a baby grey whale with the keel. Coincidentally, a dead baby whale was reported in the vicinity later that week. Although it was a baby, it was still 20 ft long and gave quite a jolt to the boat when we struck.

I once ran over a ground squirrel on my bike. It darted out in front of me. I had no chance to avoid it. My kids were with me and thought I did it on purpose. It was difficult to convince them it was an accident, which it was. cry.gif

Don't think killing a baby grey whale is something to brag about. madgo_ron.gif

ehmmic said:

catbirdseat said:

Don't think killing a baby grey whale is something to brag about. madgo_ron.gif

I don't think that was his intent, ehmmic. It sort of sounds like that, but I'd give that liberal wanker the benefit of the doubt.

None of us were at all happy about it at the time. There was nothing we could have done to avoid it. The whale dove directly in front of us and there was no time to steer away. We didn't know for a fact that we hurt it. It swam away. Sometimes juvenile whale lose their mothers and they are really goners anyway. The mother was nowhere in sight.

Trust me, catbird and crew didn't do it on purpose...when sailing offshore you don't want to hit anything ! Not whales, not half-sunken containers, not other boats, not logs, not anything.

Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed the thrill of a Nantucket Sleighride 100+ years ago! thumbs_up.gif