Why do people LOVE America?

Bronco

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that there's "plenty" of people out there that LOVE America because it has a gratuitous welfare system that's simple and easy to use and abuse.

No misreading the post here, nuh uh. hellno3d.gif

Now, could I have been more positive? Why, yes I could have. But I'm not feeling that way this a.m. Sorry for the bitter herbs... wave.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

i think superfluous welfare is the biggest problem we have... it creates classes because people are taught to be content with welfare status... this perpetuates the poverty and the dependance... shitty deal if'n'ya ask me... hahaha.gif

That, and PC run amok.

And I think it's more a case of laziness/lack of motivation/resistance to change rather than "taught to be content" that creates the burgeoning welfare class. Agreed that perpetuates poverty and dependance, and it's a shitty deal. Is there a cure for The Great Society that has been wrought upon us?

I love it because you are free to take risks and reap the rewards of your work with relatively minimal interference from the government.

Oh yeah, One Nation under God, beer, guns, chainsaws, big trucks, rodeo's and catfights between hot chicks boxing_smiley.gif aren't bad either, yee-haw! thumbs_up.gif

Bronco said:

I love it because you are free to take risks and reap the rewards of your work with relatively minimal interference from the government.

Oh yeah, One Nation under God, beer, guns, chainsaws, big trucks, rodeo's and catfights between hot chicks boxing_smiley.gif aren't bad either, yee-haw! thumbs_up.gif

I SECOND that ya 'Montana lovin' redneck hick'. wave.gif

I exclude hot chicks! shocked.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

i think superfluous welfare is the biggest problem we have... it creates classes because people are taught to be content with welfare status... this perpetuates the poverty and the dependance... shitty deal if'n'ya ask me... hahaha.gif

Uh huh? hellno3d.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

superfluous welfare? i think abuse of the welfare system is a HUGE problem but what is it w/people who can't get your minds around the concept that sometimes it is good to help other people???

At one point in my life i was VERY close to spending some time on welfare. Thanks to my very cool family that didn't happen. Many many people are not so lucky. Should we abandon those amongst who are less fortunate?

Bronco said:

...relatively minimal interference from the government.

Amen, brother. In addition to the previously mentioned wide open spaces we have managed to protect in this country so far, there's those 10 little gems our forefathers had enough cajones to add to the Constitution: the Bill of Rights. Am I the only left-leaning politico these days that thinks the Second Amendment is just as important as the others? Seems like I am sometimes. While I'm rather partial to the First and Fourth, it seems like the Second gets the shaft from people that should be defending it. They are all there for a reason, people!

Ok, I'm done. grin.gif

Edited by Ratboy

minx said:

Fence_Sitter said:

superfluous welfare? i think abuse of the welfare system is a HUGE problem but what is it w/people who can't get your minds around the concept that sometimes it is good to help other people???

At one point in my life i was VERY close to spending some time on welfare. Thanks to my very cool family that didn't happen. Many many people are not so lucky. Should we abandon those amongst who are less fortunate?

that is why i said superfluous rolleyes.gif

Fence, not to nitpik any more than necessary. The implication of the way you phrased your post was that all welfare is superfluous. it is not. That and my views are skewed b/c i continually hear the cries of the repubs to completely dismantle welfare.

minx said:

Fence, not to nitpik any more than necessary. The implication of the way you phrased your post was that all welfare is superfluous. it is not. That and my views are skewed b/c i continually hear the cries of the repubs to completely dismantle welfare.

i think superfluous welfare is the biggest problem we have

nope... really didn't rolleyes.gif

JoshK said:

Hahah...yeah, right, I'm sure those people are really *happy* with being on welfare. It's a kick ass life style after all! Jeezus...wake up. rolleyes.gif

thumbs_up.gif Agreed. For a benchmark of superfluous welfare one need only look to Sweden, Holland, or most other EU nations except the UK. Actually if FS claims that the US welfare system is superfluous then the UK one is downright decadent!

Fence_Sitter said:

why would they not... when born into this sifestyle is there much else to look forward to? status quo my friend...

You sure seem to know a lot about growing up in the ghetto for a young white upper middle class kid. hahaha.gif

why would they not??? b/c welfare is a meager existence at best. i agree that multigenerational seems to perpetuate its self. however, it would seem that the humane way to change the situation is to provide opportunities to move up from that situation.

obviously, not everyone is going to take the opportunities provided to them. i can tell you that if i had not been fortunate enough to have an education and have been lucky enough to have a good family and had the timing to land a job when i did, i would've been part of the welfare roles and getting off would've been incredibly difficult.

surviving as a single parent is not an easy task. lacking the skills and resources to provide for a child does not give people many options for getting off of welfare.

and for those of you about to spew forth about not having kids if you can't afford them. skip it. it's a pointless argument.

JGowans said:

JoshK said:

Hahah...yeah, right, I'm sure those people are really *happy* with being on welfare. It's a kick ass life style after all! Jeezus...wake up. rolleyes.gif

thumbs_up.gif Agreed. For a benchmark of superfluous welfare one need only look to Sweden, Holland, or most other EU nations except the UK. Actually if FS claims that the US welfare system is superfluous then the UK one is downright decadent!

because someone else spends more we should as well? tha makes a great deal of sense... rolleyes.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

JGowans said:

JoshK said:

because someone else spends more we should as well? tha makes a great deal of sense... rolleyes.gif

I did not claim that the US should spend more. Rather, I tried to provide substance to my counter argument that the US does NOT have a superfluous welfare system.