• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
layton

I can walk!

Yup! Got my pins pulled (5) yesterday. No novicane or nothin'! Yikes!!!

Now I can "walk".

2-3 weeks till climbin! fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Couple of thought from someone who's been there:

Try to be careful with the pain meds. It's a tough go when you first start walking again.

A massage to do some lymphatic drainage and stimulate circulation will do your body good. If that's why GGK is asking if you are still in the 'ham, and he's offering you one, take him up on it. thumbs_up.gif

Best of luck, Mike! grin.gif

I'm in B'ham until Monday night. I'd quite like to go drinkin' at Casa tonight if anyone is reading this.

I'll be back on the 26th. I walked 6 miles today (very very slowly) on the N.Lake Whatom trail. Old man training!

I might drop a line now and then, but I'm going to Chicago to rest and get away from climbing and spraying for a spell. Look out when I get back. I don't plan on resting till I'm through w/the cascades.

As for pain meds... I haven't had a pain pill in weeks ('cept for Ibu to keep down the swelling). My pain meds come fermented in a pint glass.

Edited by michael_layton

Get well soon ML. Chicago...I'm in Chicago right now till Friday. Why in the hell would you want to come here? Its friggin flat.

Mike,

I was on crutches for four months - ice hockey accident. Anyway, check out the Chicago River Canoe and Kayak rentals, on the river just south of Addison. It is about 3 hours roundtrip to the Sears Tower and back. Sure the river smells like shit, but it's an interesting run.